FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Nutrition Technical Advisor for the anticipated Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II – Systems Strengthening activity. The RING II activity aims to enhance the wellbeing and resilience of vulnerable populations in 17 districts of northern Ghana through three primary objectives: (1) Local governments plan, finance and deliver essential services that respond to the population’s needs; (2) Local government, non-governmental and private entities collectively implement solutions to improve household resilience and wellbeing; and (3) Citizens influence local service delivery.
This is a full-time position based in Tamale, Ghana for a duration of five years. Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360.
The Nutrition Technical Advisor will be the project’s primary resource in the field of nutrition. The Advisor will help ensure the technical quality and integrity of nutrition activities delivered through government, community-based organizations and the private sector.
- Provide strategic leadership to the project’s nutrition portfolio.
- Ensure the technical quality and integrity of the project’s nutrition investments.
- Oversee the development of tools, guidelines, and standards where necessary to improve program implementation.
- Ensure nutrition programming is fully aligned with Government of Ghana’s nutrition and health policies and USAID policy priorities.
- Contribute to project design, learning, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Represent the project in national nutrition technical working groups, networks and forums, and where necessary, support government counterparts in coordination of activities across stakeholders.
Maintain diplomatic and high-quality interactions and clear and consistent communications internally and with partners in the field.
- A Master’s degree or higher in nutrition, public health, or a closely related field is required.
- Eight to eleven (8-11)years of experience designing, implementing, and/or supporting nutrition programming, preferably in Ghana.
- Strong technical skills in the areas of maternal nutrition and infant and young child feeding.
- Demonstrated understanding of multi-sectoral nutrition programming and coordination mechanisms.
- Experience in nutrition research. Monitoring and evaluation experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of partners including government, community-based organizations, implementing partners, and other donor organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED