TECHNICAL DEMOGRAPHER AT GSS
TECHNICAL DEMOGRAPHER AT GSS. The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
- The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented
and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service:
- Manipulate and present geographical information by developing programs to convert GIS information to other formats.
- Recreate geographical spaces using GIS techniques and remote sensing imagery.
- Integrate different geo-spatial data resources
- Analyze and integrate GIS data with other data sources to assess relationships across a wide range of socio-demographic, behavioral, spatial, environmental, and economic variables.
POSITION: TECHNICAL DEMOGRAPHER
- To provide technical support in data evaluation and analysis nuptiality, migration, Life Table, global health and mortality statistics of fertility
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop analytical frameworks using statistical methods and
- Design and collect a wide range of demographic, socioeconomic, behavioral, spatial, and environmental variables.
- Prepare and link large-scale datasets (e. survey data with census data; administrative data with surveys and censuses information).
- Analyze and interpret demographic variables.
- Write manuscripts, journal articles, and policy briefs.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following: Demography, Population Studies, Sociology, Geography, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related fields;
- Must have completed a one-year national service
- Must have at least two years’ work experience.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Analytical skills in Excel, Stata, SPSS, R. Spectrum, Mortpak. Demproj, CSPro, or any analytical software.
- Integration of complex survey designs and large datasets
- Data collection, management, and presentation skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants are to submit their application letters and CVs to the address below:
Human Resource Directorate
Ghana Statistical Service
P. O. Box GP 1098
Via Email: [email protected]
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
The closing date of application is 18th April 2022
Qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
For more job opportunities, CLICK HERE
- NGC KARIDA Agrosciences Ltd Job Recruitment
- Ministry of Trade and Industry GEPA agency recruitment
- GIZ Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- FARA Jobs For Consultants, Suppliers, Contractors and Service Providers
- Marie Stopes International Ghana Job Opportunity
- Job Vacancy at Fiaseman Rural Bank
- Cardno International Development Invites Job Applications
- KB Farms Exciting Career Opportunity
- Jumia Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Latest Job Recruitment at Worldreader
- African Union Calls For Job Applications
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Exciting Career Opportunities
- G-PAK Limited New Job Opportunities
- Tampico Beverages New Employment Opportunity
- Creative Associates International Job Available
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED