The African Union, established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion, and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African states as well as developing a new partnership worldwide.
Our Headquarters are located in Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia.
The vision of the African Union is that of: “An integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena”.
Job Title: Head of Protocol Division
Responsible for the overall supervision and management of the Protocol Division, design of strategies and policies relevant to the Division and engagement of relevant stakeholders.
- Supervise and manage the employees of the division with regard to organisation and performance evaluation;
- Design strategies and policies consistent with the Department’s goal in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area;
- Contribute to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensure implementation at division level;
- Ensure risk management and mitigation;
- Design and plan policy programs to achieve the strategies;
- Develop new and expand on existing activities as components of the strategies and policies;
- Address problems in arising to current approaches to relevant area;
- Engage stakeholders within Members States and RECs in designing and implementing strategies;
- Represent the organisation and explain its position at conferences. Mobilise funding from all donors to use to execute strategies and activities;
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Develop and maintain rules and procedures relating to practices to all protocol-related matters, resources and activities
- Ensure the full implementation of the headquarters agreement by the host government
- Oversee the implementation of Protocol manual, protocol rules and procedures
- Ensure that mast flags and desk flags of Member States are properly procured and correctly used
- Undertake Airport duties of welcoming/and seeing-off Council of Ministers, Senior Trade Officials, other VIPs and personalities at the airport, VIP lounge etc…
- Ensure high standard logistical organization of meetings and other conferences held at or outside the headquarters
- Build and maintain a strategic plan to form good working relations with other Organizations;
- Develop and maintain rules and procedures relating to practices and services, including the issuance of Certificates of Merit for departing Official Diplomatic Members;
- Manage all protocol related matters, resources and activities of the Secretariat;
- Overall supervision of the Protocol Division and dealing with policy matters with host government, foreign embassies and international Organizations;
- Advise Secretariat on all matters of protocol and ensure that existing international practices regarding diplomatic protocol at ceremonies and public functions as well as forms of communication are adhered to;
- Continuously keep the Secretariat and staff informed of protocol rules and procedures;
- Supervise the preparation and organization of official functions and ensure that the conduct of ceremonies, official programmes, and functions are appropriately carried out;
- Coordinate and follow up appointments of the AfCFTA Secretary General for all public functions and ceremonies such as visits of Dignitaries;
- Ensure that necessary arrangements for settlements of newly recruited staff members are made and assistance provided for securing accommodation and completing all residence formalities with host country authorities and institutions;
- Periodic review of the Protocol Procedures;
- In link with AU Protocol Directorate, oversee and approve issuance of AU Passport for AfCFTA Staff;
- Prepare the Programme Budget of the Division and oversee programme implementation and budget execution;
- Ensure the full implementation of the Headquarters Agreement by the Host Government, or entice re-negotiations in case of obsolete articles of these Agreement;
- Ensure the use of high diplomatic standards in the Organisation’s interaction with Dignitaries and other International Organisation;
- Ensure high standard logistical organisation of summits and other conferences held at or outside the Headquarters;
- Conduct all activities related to visits of dignitaries, functions, and programmes;
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
- A Master’s Degree in International Relations, Political Science, Public Relations or Diplomacy or a related area.
- Twelve (12) years of relevant experience in management of protocol services or related services of which Seven (7) years at managerial level and three (3) years at supervisory level.
- Ability to use strong managerial delegation, political tact and supervisory skills to achieve documented objectives
- Ability to work effectively with people from various backgrounds and create an environment where diversity is respected
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with top level stakeholders
- Ability to identify key strategic opportunities and risks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to actively seek, identify and apply appropriate technology to improve programme delivery
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Proficiency in two of the AU official working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
Closing Date : 15th April. 2022
- Standard Chartered Bank Latest Job Vacancies
- Options Health and Inclusion Ghana Job Opportunity
- Learning Skills International School Job Offer
- Creative Associates International Job Available
- First National Bank Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- MTN Ghana Exciting Career Opportunities
- NIA Job Recruitment April 2022
- ThermoFisher Scientific Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED