October 28th, 2023 at 08:38 pm
Study in USA: Columbia University Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2024-2025
For the fully funded Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2024–2025, which offers study in the USA, the application portal is now open. The program, which is an initiative of Columbia University through Columbia World Projects, is aimed at young, ambitious individuals worldwide who are willing to take on the challenge of attending Columbia University and, in turn, make a positive impact on their communities.
This full-time, fully-funded leadership development program unites up-and-coming leaders from the US and throughout the globe who have shown a dedication to solving problems in their local communities, nations, and areas.
- Scholarship Sponsor: Obama Foundation
- Scholarships to be taken at: University of Columbia, New York City
- Scholarship Type: Full funding
- Study Level: All Courses
- Eligible Nationality: Students worldwide.
Description of the Scholarship
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program brings together upcoming world leaders who want to solve problems in their own countries, regions, and neighborhoods. Throughout the school year, the Obama Foundation Scholars will have the chance to learn new things and improve the ones they already have. They will also be able to make new connections and learn new skills that will help them make an even bigger impact back home.
Since 2018, Columbia University’s Obama Foundation Scholars Program has accepted:
70 up-and-coming leaders from 54 nations who have proven they are dedicated to solving problems in their local communities, nations, and areas
Scholars ranged in age from 26 to 45, with an average age of 33
Up-and-coming institutional and movement leaders tackling a variety of issues, such as bolstering governance, expanding access to first-rate healthcare, maintaining the environment, and advocating for women’s rights and the abolition of gender-based violence
Columbia University’s Obama Foundation Scholars Program seeks emerging leaders worldwide who fulfill the following requirements:
- Possess a track record of leadership and service in a community, region, or nation outside of the United States, as well as a commitment to return to these communities after the program is over and use their newly acquired knowledge, abilities, and contacts there in the long run for the benefit of these communities.
- Are up-and-coming leaders at a “tipping point” in their careers after making significant contributions to their field?
- Possess the capacity and desire to influence their community’s future in a constructive way
- Exhibit a proven dedication to modesty, honesty, diversity, caregiving, courage, inventiveness, and collaboration.
- Have proficient spoken, written, and vocal English
The following advantages are available to scholars in the Obama Foundation Scholars Program:
- A monthly payment to help with New York City living expenses
- A fully equipped studio apartment close to Columbia University, accessible by foot
- Full tuition and fees for a maximum of four Columbia University courses
- Basic health, dental, and life insurance coverage in New York City for the course of the program
- Air travel for program-related events as well as travel to and from the home nation
Evidence of proficiency in English
Applicants whose first language is not English must show that they can speak and write well in English by showing scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic), or the Duolingo English Test (DET). There will be no more tests allowed.
This prerequisite does not apply to candidates who:
possess completed an undergraduate degree in a nation where English is the national language, not a master’s or graduate degree;
possess completed the required minimum scores on the TOEFL-IBT, 600 on the TOEFL-PBT, 7.0 on the IELTS, 68 on the PTE Academic, or 120 on the DET (75 on the DET taken before July 2019) in the last five years.
To ensure that their application is eligible for evaluation, candidates who meet the requirements of this exception for a waiver must provide a scanned copy of their score report to the online application. They have to retake the English proficiency exam if they did not receive a score at or above the required minimum or if they can no longer find a record of their previous results.
- 100 for the Internet-Based TOEFL Exam
- Paper-Based Exam: 600 for the TOEFL
- Academic: 7 International English Language Testing System
- Academic Pearson Test of English: 68
- Duolingo English Test score: 120 (75 for exams administered before July 2019)
Please be aware that while applications with scores lower than the specified minimums are still accepted, consideration is not assured.
Procedures for Applications
How To Apply
To be considered for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2024–2025, candidates must fill out the online application and send in the required materials.
A chronological summary of your work experience, educational background, and other noteworthy accomplishments—such as honors, publications, or other distinctions—should be included in your curriculum vitae or resume.
Personal video statement:
Included in the personal video statement should be a short video (no more than five minutes) introducing the candidate to the committee in charge of making the selection as well as their job. Applicants will be required to upload their video statements to a website that is capable of hosting videos, such as Vimeo or YouTube. Applicants will then be required to include an embedded link to their video statements within their online applications. The application that can be completed online provides further information about the requirements for the personal video statement.
Answers to brief essay prompts:
The selection committee will gain an understanding of the applicant’s motivation, the application materials, and how the applicant sees the program fitting into their professional trajectory from their responses to the brief essay questions. The applicants are required to submit their answers to the essay questions online.
Deadline to apply: December 12, 2023, at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications: Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job opportunities include: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED