A state owned enterprise seeks to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the above mentioned vacancy in its Finance Department.
Under the General supervision of the Deputy Director General (Finance & Admin.), the successful candidate will plan, develop, and implement strategies to ensure the effective administration of the Finance Department in the Authority.
The candidate will be responsible for the efforts, results, and success of the Authority’s finance department and also provide financial advice and support to help Executive Management make key financial decisions about the Authority.
The key to success in this role will be the candidate’s professionalism, knowledge, and ability to effectively manage a large team of professionals.
- Lead the finance function
- Support senior management on all business reviews
- Ensure compliance with financial processes, systems, and policies
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department.
- Assist in Authority-wide budgetary planning.
- Ensure that all of the company’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Generate reports and analyze the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed.
- Manage banking relationships, monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- Supervise the facilitation of the day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Prepare financial reports on monthly, mid-year and annual basis and in a timely manner.
- Seek out methods and practices to minimize financial risk.
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors.
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures
- Maintain a policy manual for the finance department.
- Work with Human Resources to secure candidates who will be assets to the finance department.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the following options (Accounting, Finance, Statistics or Economics) from a reputable tertiary institution accredited by the National Accreditation Board.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) from a reputable tertiary institution accredited by the National Accreditation Board.
- A full membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG).
- At least ten (10) years post qualification experience of which five (5) years must be in a senior management role.
- Experience in Aviation or Air Transport will be an added advantage
- Membership of any other relevant Professional body would be considered an added advantage.
AGE PREFERENCE: 50 years and above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND APTITUDE:
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to evaluate the work of others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of organization’s applicable financial practices and procedures, as well as a thorough understanding of the governmental rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Closing date of submission of application is TWO WEEKS FROM DATE OF PUBLICATION. That is 17th SEPTEMBER 2021
NB: ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED