New Job Opening at Right To Play
POSITION: Communications Specialist
The Communications Specialist reports directly to the appropriate country’s Country Director (CD) or Head of Office (HOO), and technically to the Communications Manager, Country Programs (HQ). Additionally, the incumbent collaborates closely with and receives direction from the Marketing and Communications Team at Right To Play’s corporate headquarters.
The Communications Specialist is in charge of creating and implementing the Country Office’s communication strategy, plan, and communications activities, all of which contribute to the organization’s marketing and communications goals. Through public outreach, media relations, and social media management, the Communications Specialist helps to build and improve Right to Play’s overall public image and brand awareness throughout the country. By developing effective advocacy and communications materials, the incumbent contributes to local advocacy and fundraising activities, as well as project success. When/where appropriate, the incumbent serves as the organization’s spokesperson and assists with event organizing and communication, as well as visits from key stakeholders.
The Global Communications Team relies heavily on the Communications Specialist. By gathering and generating multimedia content that highlights the effect of our initiatives on the lives of children and youth, the incumbent contributes to Right To Play’s global fundraising and awareness efforts. The incumbent collaborates closely with the Program Manager and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist at the Country Office.
Required Qualifications or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related discipline
- 7 years of communications experience with INGOs in the nation of operation.
- Experience with brand management Experience with media relations and social media management
- Experience creating communication strategies and materials.
- Experience producing high-quality written, photographic, and video content Working with international colleagues
- Experience with graphic design Experience providing communications and brand training
- Experience being a spokesperson for an organization Experience managing building relationships with and managing external communications vendors Experience in working according to child protection and child safeguarding best practices, especially with regards to photography and videography involving minors.
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL CHARACTERS
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in using them in a cross-cultural context.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities. Ability to proofread and maintain consistency and the highest quality of professional presentation in all communication products.
- A solid team player who values others.
- Understanding and motivating others
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge and expertise
- Adaptable and capable of dealing with stress and competing priorities
- Professionalism and a pleasant attitude were demonstrated.
- Effective organizational abilities
- Strong knowledge of Office 365, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Sharepoint
- Experience with social networking networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others
LANGUAGE EXPERIENCE WITH CANVA
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, as well as the local language(s).
- The ability to communicate in French is advantageous.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Advantage)
- Photography and videography (filming and editing) experience
- Networking experience is required.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro are examples of standard picture and video editing tools.
- Understanding of issues of human rights and social change
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a results-oriented, collaborative, and well-rounded leader who enjoys working with children and youth. You are an outstanding communicator with strong networking abilities.
How to Apply for this Job at Right To Play
Closing Date: January 22, 2024
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED