New Job Advertisement at Aquaya
Job Title: Research/Program Manager
The Aquaya Institute (Aquaya) is an independent, non-profit research and consulting group that works to make sure that water and sanitation in places with few resources are safe, fair, and sustainable. Our goal is to improve public health by making waterborne diseases less common. Aquaya was started in 2005 to help development agencies, governments, and implementing organizations do rigorous research, experiments, and evaluations in a reliable and flexible way.
Aquaya has finished projects in over 20 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America in the fields of public health, economics, technology development, and social entrepreneurship. We’ve written or helped to write more than 40 peer-reviewed research articles and many other reports and publications.
There is an office for Aquaya in Nairobi, Kenya. The US, Ghana, Uganda, France, Ethiopia, and Morocco also have staff members. A lot of our projects are done with the help of academic research groups and professional consultants.
We are looking for multiple full-time Research/Program Managers and Senior Research/Program Managers (also called “Manager/Senior Managers”). These jobs will be based in Ghana or Kenya, and the workers will have to travel a lot within their home country and across sub-Saharan Africa. The Manager/Senior Manager will be in charge of managing the activities of the research program, such as, but not limited to:
Research Program Execution
- Make research plans and tools for gathering data.
- Set deadlines for project milestones and keep track of them.
- Create, change, and manage project budgets well.
- Manage the process for ethical approval and make sure that ethical principles are followed.
- Lead logistics for fieldwork and data collection with little supervision
- Make training plans and materials, and lead training activities well.
- Create and use effective QAQC methods to make sure the quality of the data
- Manage quantitative and qualitative datasets
- Perform quantitative data analyses
- As needed, give tasks to other employees and/or keep an eye on them.
- Plan and lead partner meetings in a tactful way, and take care of partner communication and reporting.
- Keep in close touch with any consultants you hire.
- Lead the creation of project presentations, reports, briefs, and publications.
- Take part in presenting the results of the program at conferences and workshops
Initial Program Support
At first, the worker is expected to help with at least two of the following projects:
- Urban Resilience by Building and Applying New Evidence in WASH (URBAN WASH)
- Enhancing Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (EnWASH)
- Assurance Fund
Criteria for the position
For this job, you need to have the following skills:
- Research program management experience, preferably in the areas of water or sanitation.
- Master’s degree, preferably in engineering, science, environmental science, or a similar field. A Ph.D. is better.
- Research and project management experience of at least 4 years.
- Experience running and managing research staff, research processes, and knowledge-based projects.
- Have done international work in sub-Saharan Africa before.
- Ability to analyze quantitative data in Excel, R, or Stata.
- Excellent ability to talk, write, and talk to other people.
- English language skills.
- Make a promise to live in Kenya or Ghana full-time.
- About 25% of the time, you should be able to travel to field sites (this is an estimated average and is subject to fluctuation).
Skills and Abilities
- We also want people with the following skills and qualities:
- Good problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Strong work ethic and a promise to do what needs to be done.
- Outstanding organization with a focus on details and the ability to set up systems to deal with constant information flows and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work closely with a small team and handle multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while keeping a positive, productive attitude and a good sense of humor!
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time job, but the first 3 months are a trial run. Aquaya offers salaries that are competitive and match the level of experience. There are benefits like health insurance and a pension plan.
How to Apply for this Job Advertisement at Aquaya
You can submit your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and a thoughtful cover letter. OR
Closing Date: 27th March 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies are Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International School Job
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED