New Employment Opportunity at Khulisa
POSITION: Research Assistant
About the company
At Khulisa, we believe in taking a practical approach to hiring local workers who are committed and skilled. This makes international development work better and last longer. To find out more about Khulisa, go to www.khulisa.com.
Peace through Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation II (PELA II) Activity of USAID/West Africa is looking for a Research Assistant (RA) Short Term Technical Assistant who will be hired for a six-month trial period and then as needed after that. After the first six months, there is a chance that the job will be posted again for another six months.
In line with USAID West Africa’s Regional Development Objective One (RDO 1), which is to improve democracy, peace, and stability in the region, PELA II is actively doing research to increase knowledge and understanding that are important for making decisions and to strengthen USAID/West Africa’s ability to carry out its projects, coordinate its activities related to peace and governance, learn from its experiences, and serve as an information and communication hub.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will work with a technical team of experts, including the Democracy & Governance and Preventing/Countering Violent Extremism (Democracy & Governance and P/CVE) Advisor, to make sure that research activities start and end on time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will work with the relevant PELA II technical officers to make sure research activities and projects run smoothly. The Research Assistant will report to the D&G and P/CVE Advisor and the rest of the team. The RA will have the power to:
- Help the D&G and P/CVE Advisor organize research activities.
- Help the technical team with surveys and original research that add to what is known and understood about democracy, governance, and P/CVE issues in West Africa.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, SPSS, or any other statistical package
- Do online searches for literature related to current and future research activities
- Do the assigned research and tell the research team what you found.
- Help the research team with administrative and secretarial tasks, such as setting up meetings for and on behalf of the team.
- Help the research team gather the right information for research.
- Help the team write reports and other products of the research that are relevant for presentation.
- Strong people skills and the ability to work well as part of a team. Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle a lot of different tasks and responsibilities.
- Help the PELA II team with other things when they need it.
Skills or Experience Needed
The person applying should:
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to development aid, such as Peace Studies, Development Studies/Management, International Relations, Political Science, or other related fields.
- Must know how to do research in the social sciences and have some experience doing it.
- Have professional-level skills in speaking, reading, and writing in English and in reading and writing in French
- Have proven they can write great English research papers.
- Have a lot of experience analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data
- Know the trends in democracy, good government, peace, and stability in West Africa
- Has the skills and knowledge to read and summarize literature for research.
- It would be helpful to know and understand a lot about monitoring and evaluating.
How to Apply for this Employment Opportunity at Khulisa
Please send your application to email@example.com in MS Word or PDF, along with a detailed CV and the full contact information for two referees. You should also send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please write the title.
PELA II Activity helps to create a workplace where everyone is welcome and valued. All qualified people from different races and cultures who live in Ghana are encouraged to apply. Accra is where the position is. Please let all applicants know that only those who are qualified will be contacted.
Closing Date: March 10, 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International School Job Opportunities
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED