SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence
SNV is aiming for structural change and scale in its programs in the agriculture, energy, and WASH sectors, as well as bringing knowledge and initiatives from different programs together at the country level to contribute to systems change.
SNV has gained a relevant track record in innovative financing through facilities like the Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD), the Innovations Against Poverty (IAP) fund, and other facilities (global, regional and country-level) where SNV is involved in the provision of early-stage grants, results-based financing and technical assistance to catalyse private sector investment.
This is based on the urgent need for private-sector financial resources, know-how and capabilities to complement public sector finance in achieving the Sustainable Development Goal (SDGs). Engagement with the private sector towards development outcomes occur in two major ways
- Engaging, primarily companies around their business activities to facilitate delivery of economic, social, and environmental outcomes; and
- Mobilizing private capital for development purposes, to complement public financing.
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Recruitment of service providers to support SMEs in the fields of Good Manufacturing Practice and Quality Assurance
Overview and background
The Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities in Ghana (GrEEn) project is a four-year project implemented in the Ashanti and Western regions of Ghana.
With the overall objective of contributing to addressing the root causes of irregular migration by supporting sustainable and climate-resilient local economies through the creation of green jobs and promoting green enterprise development in regions of departure, transit, and return for migrants, GrEEn is targeted at women, youth, returnees and Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs).
Primarily funded by the European Union through its Emergency Trust Fund (EUTF) for Africa, GrEEn is being implemented by SNV Netherlands Development Organisation and the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF).
GrEEn focuses on three specific objectives:
- To support the transition of local economies to green and climate-resilient development.
- To improve the employability and entrepreneurship capabilities of selected people by matching them with market opportunities and mentoring into (self-)employment and enterprise development, with a focus on green and climate-resilient local economies.
- To create and strengthen local ecosystems that support youth (self-)employment and the growth of Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs).
Visit https://snv.org/project/green-boosting-green-employment-and-enterprise-opportunities-ghana for more information
Purpose of the assignment
SMEs enrolled in GrEEn’s Incubation and Acceleration Programmes are supported to achieve operational and technical efficiency in the Renewable Energy, Water Sanitation and Hygiene and Agriculture sectors in order to attain investment readiness. As part of the process, SMEs are expected to adopt quality standards in their production processes and operations.
For this purpose, the GrEEn project is in need of a service provider to support SMEs who will be enrolled in its programs to learn good manufacturing practices and quality assurance protocols.
Scope of work
The consultancy firm or team of consultants will carry out the following activities:
- Organize four virtual group training sessions (two per cohort) to introduce the green SMEs to standard quality manufacturing practices.
- Provide 5 days of on-site support for 30 SMEs and their staff in the Ashanti and Western regions to develop good manufacturing protocols. The 30 SMEs, to be pre-determined by the GrEEn team are in the food processing and cosmetic formulation industries.
- Support the SMEs to develop manuals and action plans for implementing good manufacturing practices
- Provide recommendations for GrEEn and its partner hubs on how to integrate Good Manufacturing practices and Quality Assurance into the incubation/acceleration and mentoring support provided to green SMEs.
The assignment will begin on 1st May 2022 and end by 1st November 2022.
- Training materials in the form of PPT slides
- Four group training sessions for the GrEEn Incubation and Acceleration SMEs (2 per cohort)
- On-site support for 30 SMEs in the Ashanti and Western Region
- Individual reports on activities carried out and achieved by the SMEs
- Final report with recommendations for the GrEEn project
Required Skills or Experience
- The team of consultants (at least 2) or consultancy firm must have proof of training or certifications on two or more of the following: Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Hazzard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) or Food Safety and Quality Management Systems (FSQMS)
- In addition, the team of consultants or firm must have a minimum of 5 years experience in training and supporting SMEs in food processing and/or cosmetic formulation to implement the processing/manufacturing protocols.
- An outline of a strategy/plan for how the assignment will be approached. This should include details on
- how the listed activities will be accomplished
- suggestions for effective implementation
- Any comments or suggestions on the Terms of Reference
- Description of the consultant/firm’s experience relevant to the selected service
- A CV of all staff or consultant(s) to be involved in the assignment, detailing previous relevant experience
- A tentative work plan
- Testimonials from references from previous similar assignments (at least 3)
- Personnel costs
- Travel Costs (where necessary)
|Assessment Criteria||Weight (%)|
|Professional qualifications and experience of team members||30|
|Experience in conducting similar assignments and testimonials from references||30|
|Detailed methodology and approach to the assignment||40|
Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon the selection of the winning bidder for this TOR. The contract is subject to extension depending on the performance of the service provider.
Applicants with strong proposals may be contacted for interviews before awarding of the contract.
- cancel this request for proposals at any time
- accept the whole or only part of any submission
- accept none of the proposals submitted and not issue any contract following this request for proposals
- republish this or an adapted request for proposals.
JOBS AVAILABLE TODAY
- DVLA Approved vehicle inspection center full list of jobs
- Non-bank financial institution jobs
- Company with its partnership in the USA recruiting in Ghana
- More jobs at Rural Banking sector
- Agresearch Lead Latest Employment Opportunities
- Education Development Center (EDC) Invites Job Applications
- APPLY FAST|| Deloitte Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED