Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2020.
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics / Transportation Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- To perform a variety of routine warehouse duties involving the receiving, unloading, inventory, storing, movement and distribution of goods and materials at the warehouse.
- Actively demonstrate the Newmont values of Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Inclusion and responsibility at all times.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Safety and Compliance
- Adhere and comply to all stipulated Warehousing and Materials control regulations.
- Ensure all warehouse operations are in compliance with safety requirements promoting the company’s safety culture.
- Ensure a clean and tidy workspace is kept at all times.
- Receive shipping documents and plans for receipt of items.
- Receive orders under the supervision of the Warehouse Foreman.
- Participate in the operation of the site weighbridge.
- Physically receive and check purchase orders against packing list.
- Receives items in SAP.
- Minimum academic qualification of Secondary School Leaving Certificate with Mathematics and English (attach certified results).
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Supply Chain functional knowledge.
- Knowledge of P2P transactional processes.
- ERP/EAP System knowledge.
- Mining business acumen.
- Warehouse Management
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in warehousing.
- Good communication skills.
- Works at the Ahafo / Akyem mine
- Heat, dust and strenuous activities
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED