Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG), a branch of MSI Reproductive Choices global partnership is the leading Sexual Reproductive Health and rights organisation in Ghana providing high quality, safe services, and advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has access to safe services when and where they are needed.
MSIG has vacancies for passion-driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with the below relevant qualification/s and experience. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future.
MSI Reproductive Choices is committed to creating an inclusive environment with a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
The Centre Midwife will be responsible for providing high-quality core MSIG clinical services in the assigned centre of excellence. She will be required to support the Centre Manager to maintain high-quality clinical service’s and to promote a congenial and professional atmosphere towards all clients. The Centre Midwife will report to the respective Centre Manager in the region.
- Assist to oversee the work schedules of all clinical teams working within the centre.
- Efficiently provide clinical services including long-acting family planning methods.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all clinical products and equipment
- Promote and maintain a welcoming, friendly, professional, and efficient atmosphere towards all clients in the centre to ensure client satisfaction at all times.
- Counsel and assist clients to make informed FP/SRH choices when necessary.
- Ensure that clinical complications at service delivery points are minimized or professionally managed when they occur.
- Provide core MSIG Clinical services including IUCD, Implant insertion, MSP and MSMP.
- Support the Centre Manager to monitor monthly centre results and make appropriate recommendations to meet centre set targets.
- Assist with all clinical training at the centre level.
- Counsel and assist clients to make informed family Planning/sexual Reproductive Health decisions
- Keep and manage records of all centre activities including minutes of centre team meetings
- Assist the Centre Manager to ensure formal communications with the various health partners where appropriate
- Support with the entry of all service data into the organisation Electronic Health Record system and other MSIG databases as required.
- Pro-choice and pro-family planning
Required Skills or Experience
- At least three (3) years post-graduation experience in a Midwifery position
- Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Be well versed in Ghana Health Service clinical policies, protocols and standards
- Excellent provider-client interaction skills
- Work experience with Ghana Health Service and/or an INGO
- Articulate and analytical with attention to detail
- Knowledge of health delivery system in Ghana
- Must be multi-skilled and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
- Be able to work on own initiative and at longer periods.
- Customer-focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, donor and community
- Passionate about maternal health and the vulnerable
- Motivates team members to deliver high-quality service and result
- Team player, self-motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results
- Pro-choice and pro-family planning
- Must have a recognized clinical qualification in Midwifery.
- Must be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Ghana and be of good Standing
- Must have the requisite experience to work with minimum supervision
How To Apply
CLOSING DATE: By the Close of 13th December 2021
- Please fill the application with the exact job title and location if indicated.
- Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- These are local positions. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
- Females are encouraged to apply
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED