The Embassy of the United States of America in Accra is the diplomatic mission of the United States in Ghana. It is the focal point for events relating to the United States held in Ghana
The U.S. Embassy Accra, Ghana is seeking eligible applicants for the positions of:
- The Assistant Community Liaison Coordinator (A/CLO) fully assists the CLO Coordinator in developing and managing a program based on community demographics and post-specific needs.
- S/he assists in all eight areas of CLO responsibilities as well as providing clerical and administrative support.
- The A/CLO identifies needs within the post community and responds with effective programming, information and resources and referrals and provides orientation and information of interest to the Embassy community.
- Also s/he is responsible for assisting CLO with planning, organizing and coordinating CLO events and activities.
- The incumbent expedites customs clearance processes through host government officials for incoming and outgoing shipments of personal household effects and other U.S. government property (e.g., equipment, supplies, special cargo).
- Assists with the monthly ICASS workload count and prepares adhoc reports for tracking shipments.
- Provides advice and assistance to employees on preparation of pet travel, cost construct and special cases involving cargo or other shipments.
- Provides technical guidance and strategic direction to USAID’s efforts to improve the quality of FP/RH including antenatal and postnatal care; all methods of family planning; FP/RH counselling; adolescent health and pregnancy; contraceptive supply and logistics; health communication; policy and planning; and monitoring and evaluation
- Works across portfolios to integrate FP/RH programming into nutrition, food security, livelihoods, HIV/AIDS, health systems strengthening and other Mission priority areas;
- Works across USAID/Ghana technical teams, including Education; Democracy, Rights, and Governance; Education; and Economic Growth, to identify potential areas of synergy, collaboration, and/or integration of activities and strategies, in line with USAID/Ghana’s CDCS.
- Participates in the analysis of the international cooperative administrative support services (ICASS) budget.
- Assists the Regional Controller with the coordination of all ICASS issues with mission management, including ICASS budget reviews, workload counts, and ICASS invoices.
- Coordinates the signing and payment of initial and final ICASS bills with USAID/West Africa and client missions.
- Develops internal ad hoc financial reports that are required by Clients to efficiently manage their projects.
- Meets with the various Clients to discuss their financial reporting needs, analyze the information needed, and then prepare tailored financial reports.
- To ensure management continues to receive the most appropriate financial reports, attends various meetings discussing information needs, and follows up with the technical staff and Mission management to ensure those needs are met.
- Drafts and submits reports documenting the result of these reviews and engagements.
- Meets with grantees and contractors and advises on how to submit vouchers, attachments required timelines.
- Provides assistance in the handling of requests for reimbursement and advance payments.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED