December 26th, 2023 at 10:20 am
Job Opening at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
We collaborate with political leaders all over the world to drive change at the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change. Moreover, we assist governments in making bold ideas a reality so that they can deliver for their citizens. We do this by consulting on strategy, policy, and delivery and by using technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, we can ensure that everyone benefits. We do it to make countries more open, inclusive, and affluent for people worldwide.
We are a worldwide team of approximately 800 changemakers working across five continents in more than 30 countries. Also, we are political strategists, policy experts, delivery specialists, and technological experts, among other things. We speak over 45 different languages. We are working on over 100 projects that address some of the world’s most pressing issues. At TBI, we’re all here to make a difference.
In an increasingly complex world, we feel that diversity of background and perspective is an asset. We take pleasure in having a culture that supports and nurtures diversity. We are committed to maximizing potential not only for the countries in which we work but also for each of our team members. No matter where you come from or who you are, if you believe in the transformative power of progressive politics, we ask you to join us in building a better future.
Our new Global Client Solutions team is essential to capture “what we do” and apply the Institute’s best networks to global leaders through country advisory teams. Our international and regional experts advise, assist, think partner, and boost capacity while directing the creation and evolution of our solutions, methodology, and services for our partner countries.
Global Client Solutions is a center of excellence with functional and sectoral professionals from throughout the world. Our services include strategy: helping political leaders identify priorities and roadblocks, policy advisory: finding solutions, delivery: implementing change, and harnessing technology to help leaders engage with forward-thinking opportunities. Economic success, climate change and energy, health and education, and peace and security are major political goals.
Public Financial Management Advisory Senior Advisor needed. In this new senior role, you will help build a global business that advises top political leaders and Ministers of Finance on public financial management (PFM). TBI teams and clients can solve critical modern PFM issues like aligning government financial constraints with strategic, political, and citizen-centric priorities, reforming internal digital financial management systems, PFM governance, and major macroeconomic issues like currency and debt sustainability.
This requires strong interpersonal skills and political and policy development experience helping governments achieve their aims. You will work with country teams to build our worldwide offering and use the Institute’s knowledge and resources, including our partnerships team and Policy & Politics Division.
This global senior expert position requires 30% travel to TBI client locations in the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific. The ideal candidate has global relevant experience and top government experience.
Please note that our Nairobi and Athens offices require work authorization.
Advisory assistance and expertise:
- Clients and TBI national teams will receive hands-on assistance in developing practical, articulate PFM development plans, including strategic fiscal framework allocations, PFM digital tool creation, and internal PFM governance changes.
- Collaborate with TBI’s internal advising, policy, and politics expertise, regional and country teams, and external experts on policy design to provide our clients with world-class policy thinking.
- Create and embrace a good culture that fosters ambition, creativity, and execution.
Leadership and product development:
- Lead the development of TBI’s global PFM offer, identifying its core areas of support, TBI’s unique value proposition, implementing partnerships, and staff resourcing Support organizational learning on PFM methodologies and technologies by leading the creation of a toolkit and supporting learning & knowledge events within Advisory as well as across TBI Support a true team and “one TBI” culture
- In coordination with TBI External Communications and the Policy & Politics division, represent the Institute at global events and perhaps contribute to written PFM thought leadership and publications. Advance TBI’s involvement or leadership in global events.
- Support the development of the TBI PFM network, which contributes to our growth, and collaborations that strengthen our support for senior political leaders.
This is a top leadership position that calls for an extraordinary candidate:
- Significant practical experience as a senior counselor to governments on PFM systems, debt sustainability, and IMF programs/processes.
- Professional with extensive experience assisting governments and political leaders with budget procedures, establishing strategic fiscal priorities, and defining sustainable forward-looking national fiscal frameworks while managing day-to-day fiscal challenges of governing.
- A solid network with key international financial institutions such as the IMF and the World Bank
- Experience managing stakeholders, creating relationships, and “getting things done” in large businesses.
- A proven track record of creating frameworks and toolkits that help organizations and teammates learn and deliver effectively.
- Fluency in English is necessary, with knowledge of another language an advantage.
- Around 30% of people are willing to travel internationally.
How to Apply for this Job Opening at Tony Blair Institute
Closing Date: 30th December, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED