January 26th, 2023 at 08:52 am
Job Opening at African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
Job Title: Infodemics Management Consultant
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a non-profit organization that was started in 2005. Its goal is to improve human health by strengthening and expanding applied epidemiology and laboratory capacity in partnership with Ministries of Health, Non-Governmental Organizations, international agencies, the private sector, and other public health agencies. AFENET is based in Kampala, Uganda, but it works in more than 30 countries in Africa.
AFENET is looking for someone to be the Infodemics Management Consultant for the Ghana Project.
- Connect the goals and objectives of infodemics management and social listening to the overall goals and strategies of the program.
- Set up systems and methods for detecting key topics, information gaps, open questions, and mis/disinformation in offline and online populations, using a variety of data sources and types.
- Work with a team of people from different fields to contribute to an integrated analysis, and come up with interventions, and recommendations based on evidence, communications, and research to figure out what people do.
- Serve as the main coordinator for the infodemic management team for Ghana Health Services, the FDA, and other global partners. Apply risk communication principles, behavioral science theories and models, and people-centered approaches to the creation of a health communications campaign for multiple audiences.
- Help partners in the government and other organizations with technical issues and provide extra help during a crisis or emergency. Work within programs and policies to come up with short-term and long-term suggestions or ways to improve health programs and systems that are based on reality.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with other professionals working in infodemic management to use their expertise and grow the science of infodemic management. Contribute to the development and delivery of regular (i.e. monthly, biweekly) reports that outline key topics and narrative information, gaps, and mis/disinformation from the population across multiple data sources and types.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree in public health or something similar from an FETP program.
- Previous experience working with behavioral data.
- Previous experience working with the Ministry of Health and international partners and donors.
- Post-graduate training or work experience.
- Presenting and explaining the results of research or evaluation, as well as any proposed interventions or actions for public health.
- Setting SMART goals and objectives, as well as systems for improving process and quality.
- Working with both government and non-government organizations, especially at different levels from local to national
- Identifying and analyzing target groups for interventions
- Analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data
Remuneration: Based on qualifications and experience, the job is competitive.
How to Apply for this Job Opening at African Field Epidemiology Network
Send your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, and any other necessary paperwork to:
All candidates who are interested are asked to send their Application Letters, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic documents, and Certificates, as well as the full contact information for three professional references, to:
- The Human Resources and Administration Office
- The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
A copy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the people who are chosen will be called for an interview.
Please note that all applications must be sent online by 5:30 pm when the office closes (EAT)
Deadline: January 27, 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International School Job Opportunities
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED