Amnesty International (Al) is a worldwide movement of people who campaign for internationally recognized human rights. Amnesty International Ghana is one of the Section offices of AI around the world and it has been contributing to achieve global goals and objectives of AI by taking part in its worldwide campaigns and doing local human rights work.
Amnesty International Ghana is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual for the post of Director to lead and manage the next stage in its organizational life. The post will be based in Accra.
The primary focus of this role is (in collaboration with the national Board) to ensure the effectiveness of Amnesty International in the country by: expanding the human rights work and impact, growth in membership and activism; enhancing the organization’s public profile and advocacy strategies; building strong relations with the local human rights movement and civil society; undertaking external representation for the organization; consolidating Al’s operations in the country and strengthening the fund raising capacity of Al Ghana.
The role is on a fixed-term three-year contract, which is subject to renewal. A successful probation requirement of six months will apply.
- Extensive experience of working in human rights field at a senior level, including senior level staff management as well as budget management
- Understanding of national and sub regional human rights and political dynamics and trends and ability to demonstrate initiative solutions to human rights challenges.
- A proven track record of personal leadership, influence and impact, working with teams both locally and remotely.
- Ability to do external representation of the organization to the media, high level government meetings and international meetings.
- Ability and experience of developing high quality funding proposals and implementing projects having restricted funding.
- Ability to closely work with the locally elected
board, reporting to the Chair of the board.
- An advanced degree on human rights will be an advantage.
The job will involve extensive in-country and a fair amount of international travel.
Benefits: Gross salary XXXXX per month; with annual step increment, benefits. Induction to the post is in the country. You will be part of a lively network of peers and colleagues from around the world.
How To Apply
Interested candidates may download the detailed job description, person specification and the application form from our website at www.amnestyghana.org
Please complete the application form and return it to:
Please note you must fill out the application form only. Curriculum Vitae will not be accepted.
The Deadline for submission of applications is 31st March, 2021
Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED