United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Job Vacancy
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Ghana Multi-Country Office (GHMCO), located in Accra, Ghana is responsible for projects in Anglophone West Africa, covering Ghana, Gambia, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone. GHMCO is responsible for managing strategic and operational risks engagements portfolio, developing and delivering cost-effective services contributing to partners’ sustainable results and achievement of UNOPS management results.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organisations. With over 6,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, where they need it. By implementing around 1,000 projects for our partners at any given time, UNOPS makes significant contributions to results on the ground, often in the most challenging environments.
The Multi Country/Country Office is responsible for managing strategic and operational risks associated with the CO/MCO portfolio of engagements, developing and delivering cost effective services contributing to partners’ sustainable results and achievements of UNOPS management results.
UNOPS Ghana Multi Country Office (GHMCO), located in Accra, spans across West Africa, covering Ghana, Gambia, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone. GHMCO is responsible for managing strategic and operational risks associated with a subset of the regional portfolio of engagements, developing and delivering cost effective services contributing to partners’ sustainable results and achievements of UNOPS management results.
The core functions of the Multi Country Office are to:
- Liaise and develop engagements, and deliver services responding to partner needs.
- Leverage advice and integrate delivery modalities of the three Delivery Practices and the Global Partner Service Office.
- Maintain appropriate arrangements and capacity for direct transactional support for delivery of the sub-regional portfolio.
GHMCO has a diverse portfolio covering infrastructure, urban plan development, project management, procurement and futuristic studies. Opened in 2015, GHMCO is one of the newest Multi-Country offices in UNOPS with a vision and drive to deliver top quality results to its partners with a sharp focus on operational excellence
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head of Support Services, the incumbent performs and may supervise personnel in delivering technical and administrative support services, covering specialized and non-specialized processes and transactions for discrete work areas in administration and logistics, ensuring efficient, client oriented and effective service delivery.
Under the supervision of the Head of Support Services, the Administrative Officer will have supervisory role over ICT & Administration Services functions to support UNOPS in managing its operations. The Administrative Officer promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations.
The Administrative Officer will supervise staff of the ICT & Admin Units. He/she works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations and project teams in the Operational Hub and UNOPS HQ staff ensuring successful performance in ICT and Administration management.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Support Services, the Administration Officer will be based in Accra, Ghana and s/he will be responsible for the following duties:
Summary of functions:
- Management of UNOPS premises
- Support to management on security-related issues
- Management of administrative services and supervision of administrative team
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- A First-Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in Business or Public Administration, or related fields is required.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree) in Business or Public Administration, or related fields is an asset.
- Technical/Professional Diploma in Business or Public Administration, or related fields with the combination of four (4) years relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a First-Level University Degree.
- High School/Secondary School with a combination of six (6) years experience may be considered in lieu of a First-Level University Degree..
- Two (2) years of relevant experience at the national or international level in administration management is required.
- Experience in the use of Google Suite applications as well as experience in handling web-based management systems is desirable
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN working language is desirable.
Method Of Application
Closing Date: 22nd April 2022
- VIS GHANA Job Recruitment April 2022
- Amplio Job Recruitment Opportunity
- Lima Ghana available job vacancies
- Ghana Statistical Service 2022 permanent jobs across all 16 regions
- International Water Management Institute jobs for field Researchers
- Ghana Water Company Limited Job Opportunities
- MMC Property Management jobs
- Puma Energy Job Recruitment April 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED