iDE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
General Job Description
Farm Business Coordinators (FBCs) are the last line of communication between Farm Business Advisors and Farmers. FBCs will transfer agronomic expertise to boost productivity and quality in order to satisfy market standards, including particular market prospects for FBA’s and farmers. They will provide support to FBA’s and farmers if new agronomic challenges arise.
Reported Relationships: Reports directly to the Agriculture Production Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Make it easier to register new communities and agricultural groups through mobile platforms.
- Maintain daily oversight of farm activities and farmer participation in accordance with production norms and schedules.
- Provide on-farm assistance to farmers to encourage the adoption of climate-smart practices.
- Set up demonstration farms in communities and supply farmers with extension services.
- Providing assistance with nursery establishment and transplanting during the crop season.
- Keep an up-to-date farm record and provide supervisors with daily or weekly reports on any issues farmers face.
- Mobilize farmers to participate in all farming activities and group meetings.
- Ensure proper storage of farm tools and equipment, and report any damaged items to the supervisor promptly.
- During the crop season, they act as a liaison between farmers, ago-input dealers, mechanization service providers, and buyers.
- Assist the supervisor in identifying market prospects for farmers’ post-harvest produce.
- Coordinate the harvest and sorting of farmers’ produce to keep post-harvest issues to a minimum.
- Facilitate the development of Village Savings and Loans Association groups and oversee their weekly meetings in the community.
- Work with community stakeholders to incorporate gender into all agricultural project activities.
- Keep track of household nutrition habits and provide suggestions.
- Perform any other activities relating to this function.
Required Skill or Experience
- Graduate with a diploma in Agriculture or Agribusiness.
- At least one year of experience in vegetable crop production, as well as two or more other fields of agriculture.
- Has a valid driving licence and possesses a method of transportation (motorcycle).
- Experience working in rural communities is beneficial.
- Knowledge of user-centred design techniques is beneficial.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Languages spoken well include Likpakpan, Gonja, Dagbani, Frafra/Gruni, Kusal, Mampruli, Waali, Dagaari, Sissala, Gonja, Taling, and Kasem, depending on region.
- Microsoft Word and Excel are both skilled.
- Collaborative and thrives in a collaborative setting where ideas build upon one another.
- Excited about and open to new ideas and methods of doing things.
- Motivated to attain results.
- Capable of working under pressure and without complaint.
- Willingness to work in difficult-to-reach communities.
- Capable of working with a multicultural team.
- Display honesty, integrity, and a strong work ethic.
- Confident, organized, and with excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to assume extra areas of responsibility related to the role.
- High level of devotion to IDE’s ideals and objectives.
- An extremely responsible approach to all jobs.
How to Apply for this iDE Ghana Job
Interested applicants under 40 years old who fit the aforementioned criteria should email their applications and CVs, together with two current referees and necessary educational and NSS certifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22nd, 2024. All prospective applicants should provide their chosen location in the subject line of their application email.
Given the anticipated volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of the recruiting process.
We definitely encourage female candidates to apply
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED