Old Mutual Limited is a premium pan-African financial services group that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 14 countries.
We have been helping our customers achieve their lifetime financial goals for over 170 years by investing their funds in ways that create positive futures for them, their families, their communities and broader society.
POSITION: Head of Retail Business
This role is responsible for ensuring that the Retail Distribution channel is managed effectively against agreed key performance indicators. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through other managers and their teams, over a period of 3 months to 1 year
- Accountable for the overall delivery of the Retail Distribution Channel
- Develops and takes accountability for a Retail Mass Business/Target Operating Model which is aligned to the OMG strategy.
- Ensure that implementations of the Retail Mass are managed effectively against agreed key performance indicators, according to agreed project management principles, and in line with OM strategy and governance.
- Aligning the respective value propositions to maximise market share.
- Provide ongoing support and updates to established Retail Mass operations across OMG, as required.
- Develops overall distribution growth strategy and sets aggressive performance targets for the different channels that result in increased sales and reduced operating losses.
- Ensures that a clear operational plan exists for aggressively driving the sales delivery of OMG Retail.
- Creates a sustainable channel economic model that incorporates the regulatory framework and is based on delivering products that are relevant to customer needs and competitive in the market place.
- Manages the pipeline of talent across Retail channels so as to maximise the people capability and transform the business.
- To operate as an effective member of the Executive Management Team.
Manages sales support processes to ensure branch profitability & to meet business targets over periods of 3 months to a year.
Manages area budget.
- Manages sales processes to ensure branch profitability & to meet business targets.
- Identifies potential new markets & opens up the markets with assistance of Sales Manager.
- Develops local market & resource plan for area.
- Monitors area results.
Responsible for external relationship management with key stakeholders.
- United Nations Development Programme Job Opportunity
- First National Bank Available Job Vacancy
- Plan International Latest Job Recruitment
- Individually accountable for staff time, tasks and output quality, over periods of 3 months to a year.
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Plans & assigns work over periods of 3 months to a year.
- Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Manages performance.
- Selects potential staff to sustain customer/client service delivery.
Educational Qualifications & Relevant Work Experience
- Relevant Degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years relevant industry experience
- Managerial experience
- Have demonstrable experience in developing sound processes to support sales
- Chartered Insurer designation is a Mandatory requirement for this role
Closing Date : 11th Feb. 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED