GIZ Ghana New Job For Regional Advisor – AfCFTA
With funding from EU, Germany, Sweden and France, GIZ together with Expertise France and FIAPP supports the AfCFTA negotiation process through technical support to the relevant AU organs. The project in support of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) works in close collaboration with the AfCFTA Secretariat of the African Union (AU).
Scope of the Role:
The trade advisor will be part of the new setup of the technical advisory component of the project towards the AfCFTA Secretariat. The advisor will support the content free trade negotiations in the areas of trade in goods and services, trade facilitation, customs cooperation as well as phase II negotiations for protocols on IPR, Investment, Competition, Digital Trade and Women and Youth in Trade).
- Firstly, Support the establishment of the new AfCFTA Secretariat through strategic capacity development activities
- Secondly, Close collaboration with AfCFTA Secretariat, the GIZ AfCFTA Support Programme (which the advisor is also part of) as well as with RECS
- Thirdly, Support bilateral partners in fostering their role in implementing the AfCFTA through technical advisory services on the member state level
- Then, Manage short-term experts to undertake subject-specific research into areas of concern to Member State representatives participating in technical meetings throughout the key project component topics of trade in services, goods as well as the investment protocol.
- Moreover, Technical advice and project coordination on various aspects of trade integration, including trade in goods, trade in services, trade facilitation, and stakeholder involvement and possibly also industrialization, value chain and other emerging topics
- More so, Participate in the AfCFTA Team meetings and bilateral exchanges with AfCFTA advisors throughout the various project components and locations
- Finally, Work with other GIZ projects and be familiar with GIZ internal procurement processes
- Master’s degree in Economics, Law, or equivalent Citizenship of one of the AU Member States
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in other AU official language is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 4-6 years in trade policy
- Solid understanding of regional and continental economic integration issues in Africa
- Experience in development cooperation is an asset
- Experience in working with AU or other regional organisations is an asset
- Flexibility to frequently travel.
How to Apply for GIZ Ghana New Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to [email protected] under the Job Code 2022/AfCFTA/09/06. If you do not hear from us four (4) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 1 July 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED