Field Supervisors, Lively Minds Evaluation Extension (LMEE) Project
- Location: Northern, North East, Savannah, Upper East, Upper West Regions, Bono East, Bono, Ahafo, and Oti Region
- Deadline to apply: 17th December 2021
- Duration: Approximately 3-4 months.
- Desired start date: 10th January, 2022
- Language requirement: Buli, Dagbani, Frafra, Gruni, Kasem, Mamprusi, Talensi, Hausa, Dagaari, Sissali, Twi, Ewe, Buem and Chumburung (Nchumuru) and Guan dialect spoken in the specified geographical locations
- Job Code: LMEE-BL-FS-21
- Reports to: Field Managers
IPA is partnering with the United Kingdom-based Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) to conduct a study to evaluate the effectiveness of the Lively Minds Program, which is being currently implemented by the Ghana Education Service (GES).
The Lively Minds Program aims to improve early childhood development in rural Ghana through scalable low-cost community-run play schemes by training GES kindergarten (pre-school) teachers and mothers of pre-school children in highly deprived communities in Ghana to set up and run educational play schemes in existing GES pre-schools using local materials.
This study – Lively Minds Extension Evaluation (LMEE) – will be conducted in 55 districts in Northern Ghana.
The study will be carried out with communities, households, children, and teachers in the Northern, North East, Savannah, Upper East, and Upper West Regions, Bono East, Bono, Ahafo and Oti regions of Ghana.
IPA is hence looking to recruit Field supervisors on a short-term contract of Approximately 3-4 months to carry out the baseline Survey on the LMEE.
Therefore, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above field position to work on the LMEE.
The Field Supervisor (FS) shall manage multiple teams of surveyors.
- Adhere to all IPA survey protocols;
- Adhere to all covid-19 protocols outlined by the Ghana Health Service.
- Supervise multiple field teams and Team Leaders;
- Organize overall field logistics;
- Contact the IPA Research Associate at any time with questions or concerns;
- Coordinate field work, manage field team expenses, communicate with the project management team;
- Ensure that field teams adhere to IPA protocols and meet their contractual obligations
- Accompany surveyors; conduct random, spot checks and run high frequency checks on collected data
- Ensure survey equipment is managed appropriately by field teams
- Assist with the preparation of daily work plans
- Be responsible for maintaining good relations with IPA, partner organizations, project participants
- Perform other duties related to the project that may be assigned to him/her.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have Higher National Diploma (HND), first degree or its equivalent from a reputable institution with at least one-year field/data collection experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Should be fluent and able to translate questionnaire in any or combination of the following languages: Buli, Dagbani, Frafra, Gruni, Kasem, Mamprusi, Talensi, Hausa, Dagaari, Sissali, Twi, Buem, and Ewe.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player.
- Must be good at using Microsoft office; Excel, word, power point.
- Must be willing to travel within assigned districts
- Should be familiar with Computer Assisted Interview (CAI) or keen to learn
- Familiarity with administering questionnaires using SurveyCTO is an advantage;
- Should be willing to travel and work in remote communities within the above-mentioned regions
- Must have leadership skills experience in similar roles with IPA or similar non-IPA projects
How To Apply
How to apply: To apply, please fill out the online application form by clicking the link below:
Please take note of the following instructions:
- Candidates will only be considered for the roles they applied for. Those who apply for higher positions and do not qualify for those roles will not be considered for other lower positions.
- Only the newest application will be considered from candidates who submit multiple applications for the same position.
Due to the high volume of applications received by IPA, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Applicants are also encouraged to apply early.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED