Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
Job Title: Program Officer – Vaccine Implementation
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access (CVIA) brings together our expertise across every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and delivery to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to children and communities across the world. CVIA’s current portfolio encompasses more than two dozen vaccines either in development or already in use to protect against 15 different diseases. Our focus is on vaccines to address the leading diseases that claim children’s lives worldwide: pneumonia, diarrheal disease, and malaria; as well as other global health priorities, such as polio and meningitis.
We work in partnership with national health ministries, pharmaceutical manufacturers, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, and many others. PATH has led numerous global partnerships, including the award-winning Meningitis Vaccine Project and the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, which helped develop the first malaria vaccine candidate recommended for wider use by the WHO after a successful pilot implementation.
PAI is currently recruiting for a Program Officer to support vaccine implementation and system strengthening programs in Ghana. The person in this position will provide technical assistance to PATH colleagues, the Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders to advance a portfolio of vaccine introduction-related projects including malaria, COVID-19, typhoid, and human papilloma virus and efforts at revamping and sustaining Routine Immunization (RI).
- Firstly, Liaise with the project team and partners to ensure the successful implementation of project activities, including creating work plans, budgeting, and reporting.
- Secondly, Work closely with the relevant stakeholders, including MOH, universities, NGOs, civil society, private sector partners, etc.
- Thirdly, Provide regular reports and updates as directed by supervising Senior Program Officer and other staff to key stakeholders on PAI projects.
- Then, Facilitate trainings and organize key events and meetings.
- Also, Provide technical support for project activities, monitoring, reporting, evaluation, and documentation in a timely manner.
- Moreover, Development of relevant M&E tools and systems such as ODK for data collection and Project Management Plans (PMP)
- Additionally, Support the provision of Technical Assistance in Digital Health especially on GIS, Digital Mapping and Digital Microplanning, Power BI etc
- Afterwards, Skillful in the triangulation of data sets to facilitate decision making
- Last but not least, Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required for successful implementation of PAI program activities.
- Finally, Travel in country as needed for completion of activities.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health/ Epidemiology/ Social Sciences/ or related field.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience in vaccines and immunization with demonstrated skills in vaccine implementation.
- Prior training on Immunization Middle Level Management (MLM) is a plus.
- Experience in projects that involve liaising with government institutions, GAVI, WHO, UNICEF, other stakeholders, and NGOs.
- Proven ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with senior staff, colleagues, donors, partner organizations, stakeholders, local institutions, and others at all levels.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and an emphasis on quality.
- Demonstrated in experience Immunization capacity building, supervision, and mentorship
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent digital health and data management skills
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
- Demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in application of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Proven success drafting, proofreading, and editing documents.
- Extremely detail-oriented, with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Lastly, Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
How to Apply for this Career Opportunity at PATH
Closing Date: 12th July 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED