Employment Opportunity at Absa Bank
Job Title: Data Analyst Support
With over 100 years of history and a strong position as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family gives you the chance to be a part of this exciting growth journey, reset our future, and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal:
We are here for you no matter where you are in your career. Design your future. Find the latest advice, tools, and support to help you reach your full potential. You are Absa. You are a chance.
Summary of the Job:
The Finance Data Analyst Support is part of the Data Analytics team and is mainly responsible for the following: Develop a MI framework that will give the business solid and reliable data to help management make decisions with the goal of making as much money as possible. Help come up with business insights that push the organization to improve its “where to play” and “how to win” decisions in order to drive growth, increase profits, and keep a competitive edge. Make reports every day, every week, and every month that cover all aspects of business and performance.
Analytics for Business Time split: 40%
- Using analytics across functional reports (descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive)
- Help come up with business insights that push the company to improve its “where to play” and “how to win” decisions in order to drive growth, increase profits, and keep a competitive edge.
- Help promote data as a strategic asset that can be used to find growth opportunities and try out and test new ideas with the goal of getting more customers and making more money.
- To compare actual performance to what was planned and figure out what went wrong.
- Help investigate any strange things that happen with money.
- To understand the main factors that affect income and costs, and to create and report the financial and other performance measures that local management and ARO Finance need to track the profitability of major products and functions.
- Giving input and helping to get Flash, Actual, MTP, STP, and RAF ready and sent to the group on time.
- Make regular reports that cover all aspects of the product’s life cycle, such as acquisition, portfolio performance, product profitability, credit and collections performance, and operational reports.
- Help keep the quality of analysis and evaluation high
- Data on competitors and economic trends are analyzed to track performance and find the most important areas to focus on.
Reporting on performance 20%
- Prepare financial reports daily, weekly, and monthly for local management and business functions.
- Make sure that financial and management reports are ready on time, are correct, and can be relied on.
- Help explain Barclays Ghana’s performance both in writing and in person.
- Communicate with finance business partners to make sure that functional reports are correct.
- Help prepare any other reports and tasks that will add value.
Information for management 30%
- Find out what your business partners need from MI and make the tools you need to meet these needs.
- Provide MI on an ongoing basis whenever the group or the local team asks for it.
- Help review business cases for all of your company’s investment projects and keep track of benefits by collecting data on costs, benefits, and returns.
- Help put together presentations and decks for senior management.
- Make sure the management information is correct and help keep the data quality high.
- Help make sure that the product, segment, and functional P&L and balance sheet in BRAINS and all finance systems are set up correctly.
- Help manage the group’s data, reports, and systems (TMI, SAP, and others).
- To answer routine and ad hoc requests for information.
- Take part in any finance-related task that Finance asks you to do.
- Make sure reports are done within the agreed-upon requirements and SLAs, and make sure the person who asked for them understands any limits.
- Prioritization of regular and ad hoc reporting to please both internal and external customers
- Develop and keep up your own skills, knowledge, and professionalism.
- Keep up with what’s going on in the banking industry, including both small and large-scale economic factors and trends.
- Meet your own training and development needs by taking part in professional and business training and networking activities that are relevant to your needs.
- Champion his or her own improvement in performance.
Control Risk and Search 5%
- Know the Group and RoA policies and standards that apply to my role.
- Understand and take care of the risks and risk events (incidents) that come up in the job, which helps the Group Risk and search Framework for Control
Physical, mathematical, computer, and life sciences (required) on the Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC).
How to Apply for this Employment Opportunity at Absa Bank
Closing Date: 29th July, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED