Effective with the release of this position announcement, WEC is seeking applicants for the position of a Coded Welder to be based in its Project Site in Ahafo.
The Coded Welder reports to the Welding Foreman or Supervisor on the project.
Direct Reports: None
A Coded Welder is responsible for employing and utilizing appropriate welding methods, manual and mechanical processes to weld in various positions in completing structural fabrications.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Timely completion of all welding jobs without mistakes.
- Effectively maintain all required safety and quality standards.
Working Environment/Exposure to Risk
- This job typically requires moderate to heavy labour and includes, but is not limited to, heavy lifting (50 -75 lbs.),
- Climbing stairs and structures,
- Carrying and lifting tools and material by hand,
- Working in confined spaces
- Working at heights over 6 feet above ground level
- Working in excavations and underground.
- Exposure to electrocution, noise and fire
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Read and understand Welding Procedures (WPS)
- Employ appropriate welding methods in completing structural fabrications
- Utilize manual and mechanical processes to weld in various positions
- Set equipment to weld in vertical, horizontal, flat or overhead positions
- Prepare metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture prior to welding
- Fit and weld metal components for pipelines, tanks and structural steel
- Weld structural steel in all positions.
- Weld stainless steel and carbon steel.
- Receives completed spools from Pipe Fitters and Tackers
- Welds spools according to ASME IX specifications
- Must be able to control voltage according to required output
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straight edges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Repair of welding defects
- Carry out welding operations under intense conditions such as extreme heights, confined spaces and inclement weather
- Operate welding equipment according to safe work procedures
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade
- Understand and comply to Company Quality Policies & Procedures as relating to welding equipment and consumable
- Daily inspection and maintenance of issued welding equipment
- Comply with Site, Company and Country rules, regulations and procedures
- Must be able to read welding maps
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures
- Escalate identified problems to relevant manager
- Promote harmony and teamwork
- Promote sharing of knowledge through informal and formal channels
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Internal: All functional department heads and Project Managers.
- External: Clients Representative from Newmont Ghana and DRA.
Judgement and Complexity
Judgement of the jobholder is highly required in the following:
- Being safety conscious in executing the job.
Responsibility for Assets
- Tools and equipment under his/her care
Level of Authority
- The jobholder’s authority is limited to making recommendations and seeking approval
- Educational & Professional Qualification:
- Vocational or Technical Training certificate(NVTI)
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant welding experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge of 3G and 4G welding positions to AWS or ASME standard
- Good understanding of welding equipment set up procedure
- Skills Required:
- Ability to read and write and to keep job records
- Must demonstrate ability to make welds that are in conformance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications at all times including, but not limited to, initial weld qualification test and all subsequent production welds
- Must be able to select and identify appropriate filler materials for welding
- Knowledge of different piping materials
- Knowledge of heat input while welding
- Must be able to pass X-Ray inspection (ASME IX) procedures
- Sound knowledge of company policies and procedures including relevant reporting and administration procedures
- Sound understanding of Company values
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Must be a team player
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply for this job by submitting their application and CV with three references to the address below not later than 15th July, 2020, indicating “Coded Welder” in the subject line. WEC would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates who meet our requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted. EOE/AA.
NOTE: To ensure that an applicant is a native of the local community, all local applications must be supported by the initial confirmation of citizenship, ENDORSED by the Chief, a nominated Assembly Person and the Youth Leader of the applicant’s community, and must be delivered to the Newmont Community Information Office or Newmont Security gate at Plant Site not later than the stated date
The Human Resources Representative
Wayoe Engineering and Construction Limited
C/O HR Department Newmont Ghana
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED