- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales / Marketing Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To ensure the operability of the future Subika Underground mine through input and leadership of the stage gate process, developing collaboration between projects and operational units, and providing the vision of a long term operational view.
- To develop and lead the operations and project management effort.
In This Role You Will:
- Develop, hire, and lead the team responsible for Sustainability & External Relations, Operations, Business and Human Resources in brownfield projects.
- Ensure all project activities are conducted within a Newmont Health & Safety, Sustainability & External Relations, and Business culture and meet local regulatory requirements.
- Support ongoing site activities from a business and Human Resource perspective so that project goals such as completing drilling programs are accomplished as planned.
- Successfully execute interim infrastructure or other programs necessary for project advancement and ensure the stage gate scope of work for Sustainability & External Relations, Business, Human Resources and Operations is complete and also supports the future operability of the project.
- Facilitate the appropriate participation in support for and ownership of the project by the Ahafo Business Unit to ensure the future success of the project.
- Maintain positive community and government relations through open, honest and transparent interactions based on a good mutual understanding of Newmont’s and project stakeholder’s interests.
- Retain and develop an operations team who are available and ready for operations.
- Provide leadership on overall project strategies as part of the project management team and provide continuity as the project progresses through stage gate, construction and operations.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Minimum of an engineering degree in a mining related discipline or business degree.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in an underground mining environment with 10 years of senior mine management experience with multi-functional, broad based management responsibilities.
- International experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically, comfortable moving between strategic and tactical requirements of the role.
- Ability to manage projects and team leadership skills required.
- Proven ability to understand and be able to synthesize cross functional information from functions including geology, metallurgy/process, mine engineering, geostatistical modeling, operations, projects, information technology, tax, treasury, financials, environmental, social, political, land, legal, human resources, supply chain, security, and overall project management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills appropriate for consultation and impact to all levels of management. The ability to present ideas clearly, facilitate discussions and reaches agreement or consensus on difficult issues.
- Broad business knowledge and focus, ability to recognize issues, problems and capitalize on opportunities.
- Ability to influence and drive change in the organization.
- Ability to mentor, coach and direct workgroup by establishing stretch goals for development of staff and promotion of business growth within the region.
- Ability to consult, listen, and provide superior input to the stage gate process.
- Maturity to ensure coordination/collaboration at all levels and across all functions in the organization.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Safety conscious.
- Position is located at Ahafo’s Subika Underground mine.
- The work will be in a field project office that has the usual problem of expanding staff and limited resources.
- Position will be required to travel to other locations and project offices in Ghana and also visit construction and mining sites and must be fit enough to traverse rough ground, climb ladders, and walk for 15 minutes without tiring.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25 Feb. 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED