Develop detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation as well as delivering projects timely and within budgets/scopes that are in line with customers’ expectations; without compromising on quality and other relevant standards
Job: project Manager – Civil
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Engaging in preliminary project discussions with clients and ascertaining the technical feasibility of projects
- Develop, implement and monitor compliance with projects’ scope of work (SOW) and objectives
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure ITP, PO, Job Card and all designs are approved by client before execution.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, service level agreements and budget
- Manage all project phases- (basic and detailed), procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning / start-up.
- Maintain a strategic focus for the project with frequent interaction with the business area and the client to ensure a balance between company’s goals and clients’ expectations.
- Manage the execution of the project with a focus on maintaining or improving the estimated profit level for the project.
- Utilize project management methodologies, systems and tools as defined by the client(s) and ensure all projects handled conform to the expected quality and are delivered within the stipulated time and on budget.
- Comply with Company’s rules and policies and follow professional practice.
- Track project as per schedule, budget and milestone review objectives, as well as provide routine status report(s) to management and customers as and when due.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated occurrences.
- Prepare and advise management on project viability and profitability
- Ensure proper documentation of on-going and completed projects for invoicing.
- Proper follow up with the project engineer/team on job completion sign-off by the customer or client
- Develop project management plan so as to monitor and control scope, time, cost, quality, risk and variances.
- Submit project budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes/variations where necessary with a caveat that variations must be approved by clients before final execution.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs as well as measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders and ensure the execution of work is according to specifications.
- Co-coordinate the acquisition of statutory approvals including, Building Permit, Local and Municipal Authority Permits, Environmental Protection Agency Permits, Civil Aviation /Aeronautic Permits, etc.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and ensure adherence to all quality, health and safety standards and report issues/proffered and/or probable solutions
- Any other responsibilities, as may be assigned by the HOD, from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience
- B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- M.Sc. Degree in Project Management (Preferred)
- Certificate in Project Management Professional Examination Preparatory course (PMP*)- added advantage
- 3 – 5 years’ experience.
- Objective & Professional attitude to work.
- Good Human Relations Management.
- Ability to use the computer effectively & efficiently.
- Ability to use Microsoft tools.
- Performance and result-oriented.
- Good team player and lead.
- Strong Analytical skills.
How To Apply
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject Project Manager
Closing Date: March 15, 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED