AngloGold Ashanti Announces New Job
AngloGold ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill in a vacant position(s) mentioned below:
- Position: Resident Medical Officer
- Grade: Stratum II
- Department: HSE
- Number of Position(s): One (1)
The Resident Medical Officer role is accountable for effective provision of medical services to the workforce including contractors, dependents, and the community.
- Firstly, Provide Medical Services for employees, contractors, and dependents to include Out-Patient Clinics, In-Patient Services, Medical Referral Services arrangements, Surgeries, and post operative care.
- Secondly, Support the Emergency Response Team in the management of work-related medical emergencies.
- Thirdly, Ensure that the mine hospital has a robust in-house emergency response team to provide a 24/7 cover for the mine.
- Furthermore, Provide in-house training to the medical team on management of medical emergencies.
- Moreover, Conduct medical emergency drills and simulation exercises
- More so, Conduct medical examination for employees and contractors at pre-employment, periodic and exit levels
- Additionally, Support the occupational health and hygiene in the development and implementation of risk based medical surveillance program for the mine
- Then, Support the occupational health team in treatment, rehabilitation and return to work management of injured and/or sick employees and contractors
- Also, Contribute to employee mental health and wellbeing risk assessments and risk management.
- Besides that, Provide medical services and support for persons with chronic medical conditions including diabetes and hypertension
- Thereafter, Provide employee education on chronic medical and psychosocial health related conditions
- Most importantly, Support HIV/TB Control Programs for the mine and the communities
- Again, Support Malaria Control Program for the mine and the communities
- Likewise, Participate in the planning, organization, and implementation of host community medical outreach programs for the mine
- Afterwards, Contribute to the development, implementation, and maintenance of interventions against the outbreak of Covid-19 in the mine, the host communities and the entire Tarkwa municipality.
- Last but not least, Conduct at least one internal audit to ensure compliance with ISO 45001 and Combined Assurance requirements.
- Finally, Assist Health Manager in the management and smooth running of the Health Unit of the HSE Department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Sciences or Medicine and Surgery (MB ChB) or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Specialization or additional competency in Family Medicine or Occupational Health will be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification working experience in the medical field
- Additional working experience in the mining industry will be an advantage
- Registered Medical Practitioner (Ghana Medical and Dental Council) Certificate
in good standing with Medical and Dental Council
- Good management skills with ability to lead a team of health professional
- Ability to engage with different stakeholders.
- Knowledge in MS Office applications.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting
- Well planned, organized with keen attention to details
- Must have strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicle
How to Apply for this AngloGold Ashanti New Job
Closing Date: before close of business on Friday 24 June 2022.
Applicants not contacted within 31 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED