2022/2023 UHAS Undergraduate Admissions Forms
UHAS Undergraduate Admissions Forms
The 2022/2023 University of Health and Allied Sciences undergraduate admission forms. This publication answers the following: Where can you buy the forms, how can you apply as well as admission requirements?
The management of the University of Health and Allied Sciences invites applications from interested applicants into undergraduate degree programs for the 2022/2023 academic year.
2022/2023 UHAS Undergraduate Admissions Forms
PROSPECTIVE WASSCE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THEIR EXAMINATION RESULTS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION AS WELL AS THOSE WHO WILL BE WRITING WASSCE IN AUGUST/SEPTEMBER, 2022 ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
However, interested applicants who are not able to make the cut-off points may be considered for the FEE PAYING OPTION.
Undergraduate General Entry Requirements
To begin with, WASSCE / SSSCE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PROGRAMMES
Candidates must have credit passes (A1-C6 / A-D) in English, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science, and Social Studies (input all the four core subjects when applying) in addition to three elective subjects applicable to the program of choice
In view of this, applicants should note that they are expected to have at least a C6/D in Social Studies. However, the core subjects considered for calculating their aggregates are English Language, Core Mathematics, and Integrated Science.
Secondly, A-LEVEL APPLICANTS
Applicants must have the General Certificate of Education at Ordinary Level in five (5) subjects, including English and Mathematics, in addition to Chemistry, Physics, and Biology. Also, General Science and any other subjects in addition to the General Certificate of Education at Advanced Level or its equivalent in the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Mathematics.
Thirdly, School of Pharmacy Matured Applicants
Applicants must have obtained a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Dispensing Technology/ Pharmacy Technician Course or its equivalent. It should be from a recognized institution with a minimum of three years of relevant working experience.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR OTHER EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIALS
- IGCSE/IB – To be admitted to the Programme, IGCSE/IB holders must possess at least Grades A*/A-C in English, Mathematics, and Biology at the Standard (SL/’O’ Level). In addition to three Higher Level (HL-A to C)/’A’ Level (A to d)/IB2 (A-C) grades in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Mathematics.
- Also, General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level holders: Applicants should, in addition to credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including English and Mathematics), have three (3) passes in Chemistry, Biology, and Physics or Mathematics at the Advanced Level.
- Moreover, American High School Grade – Grades 12&13 examinations
International Applicants and Ghanaians with External Educational Credentials in the following:
- Firstly, Senior Secondary School Certificates (WASSCE/SSSCE)
- Secondly, International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Thirdly, GCE (Cambridge) – ‘A’ Levels
- Also, IGSCE (Cambridge) – ‘A’ Levels
- Last but not least, American High School Grade – Grades 12&13 examinations
- Lastly, Other external qualifications which have equivalences to the WASSCE/SSSCE and the GCE (A Levels)
Also, Baccalaureate (From French-speaking countries), and other International High School Diploma are equivalent to WASSCE. Other International Students having equivalent qualifications may apply for admission.
Note: International Certificates must receive authentication and equivalences from the Ghana National Accreditation Board. International students must also have their high school certificates and diplomas translated into English if they are not written in English.
Applicants will be admitted to level 100.
List of UHAS Undergraduate Programmes
To begin with, SCHOOL OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES (REGULAR) – HO CAMPUS
- Firstly, Bachelor of Dietetics
- Secondly, Bachelor of Diagnostic Imaging (Radiography)
- Thirdly, Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
- Followed by, a Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Last but not least, Bachelor of Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Lastly, Bachelor of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences
Ghanaian Applicants with WASSCE / SSSCE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS must have passed the following:
English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, and Social studies in addition to three (3) credits in any of the following elective subjects:
i. Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Elective Mathematics
ii. Biology or Chemistry, Food and Nutrition, Management in Living, and General Knowledge in Arts (i.e, especially for Dietetics).
iii. Applicants without a science background (Chemistry/Physics/ Biology/Elective Mathematics) must have a minimum of WASSCE grade B2 or its SSSCE equivalent in Integrated Science to qualify to apply for Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences.
NOTE: All shortlisted applicants, shall be required to pass a selection interview.
Secondly, SCHOOL OF BASIC AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES (REGULAR) – HO CAMPUS
- BSc. Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
WASSCE / SSSCE OR SIMILAR
English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science plus three (3) credits in the Elective Subjects as follows:
a. Science Students: Chemistry, Biology, and Physics or Elective Mathematics
b. Secondly, Agricultural Science Students: General Agric/Animal Husbandry/Horticulture, Chemistry, and Physics or Elective Mathematics
Thirdly, SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (REGULAR) – HO CAMPUS
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB) (6 years)
- Equally, a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (DBS) (6 years)
- Bachelor of Physician Assistantship (Clinical)(4 years)
WASSCE / SSSCE OR ITS EQUIVALENT
Interested applicants must have obtained three (3) credits (at least Grade A1-C6 in WASSCE and A-D in SSSCE) in the following Core Subjects:
- English Language,
- Core Mathematics,
- Integrated Science in addition to three (3) credits in the Elective Subjects below: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Elective Mathematics.
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: All shortlisted applicants shall be required to pass entrance examinations and a selection interview.
SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY (REGULAR) – HO CAMPUS
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Alternatively, a Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Public Health Nursing
WASSCE / SSSCE OR ITS EQUIVALENT
Applicants must have passed the following core subjects: English Language, Core Mathematics, and Integrated Science in addition to any three (3) of the following: Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Elective Mathematics. As well as Economics, Geography, Government, History, Christian Religious Studies or Islamic Religious Studies, Literature-in-English, French, Ghanaian Language, General Agriculture, Food and Nutrition, General Knowledge in Arts and Management in Living.
However, there may be a selection interview for all applicants.
Moreover, SCHOOL OF PHARMACY (REGULAR) – HO CAMPUS
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D) (6 years)
Three categories of applicants will be admitted to pursue the program.
1. Firstly, WASSCE/ SSSCE APPLICANTS
Applicants must have obtained three (3) credits (at least Grade A1-C6 in WASSCE and A-D in SSSCE) in the following Core Subjects:
English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science in addition to any three (3) credits in the following Elective Subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Elective Mathematics.
2. Also, A-LEVEL APPLICANTS
Applicants must have the General Certificate of Education at Advanced Level in five (5) subjects, including English and Mathematics, in addition to Chemistry, Physics, and Biology; additionally, General Science and any other subjects plus the General Certificate of Education at Advanced Level or its equivalent in the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Mathematics. Candidates must have attained the age of 25 years at the time of submitting the application forms.
3. Lastly, MATURE APPLICANTS
Applicants must have obtained a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Dispensing Technology/ Pharmacy Technician Course or its equivalent from an accredited institution with at least three (3) years of relevant working experience.
Additionally, the SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH (REGULAR) – HOHOE CAMPUS
Bachelor of Public Health (BPH) with the following options:
- First of all, Disease Control
- Secondly, Health Information
- Thirdly, Health Promotion
- Lastly, Nutrition
Similarly, candidates must have credits (at least Grade A1-C6 in WASSCE and A-D in SSSCE) in Core Mathematics, English Language, and Integrated Science as well as three credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Chemistry, Biology, and Physics or Elective Mathematics for General Science students. General Science students can apply for all BPH programs.
However, Non-General Science Students must pass relevant elective subjects in General Arts (Government, Literature in English, Economics, Ghanaian Language, CRS (other religious studies), History, French, Geography, and Elective Mathematics), Agricultural Science (Crop & Soil Science, Animal Husbandry, and Horticulture), Home Economics (Management in Living, General Knowledge in Art, Food and Nutrition), Visual Arts (General Knowledge in Art, Clothing and Textiles, Picture Making and Graphic Design)
Nonetheless, each category of non-science students needs the following combination of courses to be eligible for the following specific programs;
Combination of elective courses required for Non-Science Students’ eligibility into specific programs
General Arts Students can only apply for BPH (Health Information), BPH (Health Promotion), and BPH (Nutrition).
Also, General Arts applicants must have credits in Elective Mathematics and any other two elective courses listed in the General Entry Requirement above to be eligible/
Elective Mathematics is not a mandatory requirement for General Arts students that choose BPH (Health Promotion).
- Home Economics Students:
Home Economics Students can also apply for BPH (Disease Control), BPH (Nutrition), and BPH (Health Promotion).
Also, Home Economics Applicants must have passes in Biology or Chemistry and any two electives to be able to apply for BPH (Disease Control).
Biology/Chemistry is not a prerequisite qualification for Home Economics Students that opt for BPH (Health Promotion).
- Visual Arts Students:
Visual Arts students are only eligible to apply for BPH (Health Promotion).
Finally, SCHOOL OF SPORTS AND EXERCISE MEDICINE (REGULAR) – HO CAMPUS
- Bachelor of Sports and Exercise Medical Sciences
- Ghanaian Applicants with WASSCE / SSSCE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, and Social studies in addition to three (3) credits in any of the following elective subjects: Biology, Physics, Chemistry, or Elective Mathematics
How to Apply for 2022/2023 UHAS Undergraduate Admissions
Prospective applicants are required to read the ENTRY REQUIREMENTS carefully. Afterward, they should proceed to apply using the UHAS online admission portal.
- But first must make a payment of GH¢ 220.00 (Two Hundred and Twenty Ghana Cedis) for the UHAS E-Voucher at any Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB), Zenith Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), and Ghana Post Office nearest to you.
- Kindly note that the E-Voucher contains the PIN and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
International Applicants Only
International applicants can buy UHAS vouchers electronically using Master and VISA cards. Applicants will use the voucher to apply for admission. The voucher will be sent to you as soon as payment is successfully made – $130.00
(2) Start Application
Applications are received from both Ghanaian and International candidates. International applicants on the other hand are advised to contact the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE) for a detailed interpretation of their results.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION PICTURE
- The intended admission Picture must be taken on a white background with both ears showing and without shadow in the background.
- But for religious purposes, scarves are allowed but both ears must be exposed in the picture.
- However, wearing glasses/shades are not allowed, unless, for medical purpose.
- Also, the Picture should have a dimension of 300 x 360 pixels (1 x 1.2inches), a resolution of 300, JPEG file format, and a size of not more than 400 kilobytes.
All application documents (s) should be submitted through Ghana Post. The University will not accept any application document DIRECTLY from applicants.
Also, Applicants should note that the picture used in the admission process will appear on all subsequent files, documents, and portals (Student identity cards) when admitted as a student of the University of Health and Allied Sciences.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The deadline for completion of the online application form for undergraduate programs is November 30, 2022.
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED