Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Under the Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA), Tetra Tech is recruiting a Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist (MEL Specialist)to design and implement a MEL strategy in Accra, Ghana.
Background to the Ghana Fishsheries Recovery Activity Project (GFRA)
The purpose of the Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA) is to prevent the collapse of the small pelagic fishery sector in Ghana while improving the supplemental livelihoods, resilience, and food security.
This activity seeks to improve supplemental livelihoods and resilience measures for fishing communities, particularly for women and youth; facilitate private sector engagement and market linkages in the fishing sector; strengthen government capacity in policy-making, regulation and enforcement; strengthen improved science and research, including data for policy and management decisions; and empower key stakeholders to effect change.
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist Responsibilities
- The role of the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist (MEL Specialist ) is design and implement a project monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy and ensure that data generated from activities and interventions are reliably and accurately collected in a timely manner to inform both reporting and adaptive management of project activities.
- MEL is an important component of the project, underpinning both the measurement of project results but also ensuring that the project regularly assesses activities and strategies and adapts accordingly to adjust to learning and experience for continual improvement.
- The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist will provide on-site monitoring, oversight, and accountability of program activities and will provide mentoring and training assistance/services not only to program staff but to partners as well.
- Design and establish the GFRA project monitoring and evaluation systems, standard operating procedures, and tools
- Build capacity of GFRA staff to operationalize monitoring, evaluation, learning and the GFRA Activity Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP)
- Oversee on-site monitoring of program activities, including collecting both qualitative and quantitative data;
- Ensure that data from field based activities, grantees, sub-contractors and secondary data are input into an established project database in a timely, effective and efficient process, and are accurate, correct and reliable;
- Leading consultancies, grants and subcontracts to universities, private companies and other service providers to collect data needed for project reporting
- Provide formal training to grantees, partners, and other relevant stakeholders on the project’s MEL systems, policies, procedures, templates, and forms
- Synthesize GFRA MEL data for client (USAID), stakeholder, and key decision-maker trainings, reports, graphics, maps, presentation, and other visual tools that support or present the project’s activities and results;
- Conduct routine spot checks to ensure data have been accurately collected from program beneficiaries;
- As required, participate in client-directed data quality assessment (DQA) and preparation of report(s)
- Assist in the development of annual and LOP work plans
- Assist in providing concise, summarized reporting against indicators for semi-annual and annual progress reports
- Lead GFRA team, partners, subcontractors and USAID in learning activities throughout the project life cycle, including leading annual pause and reflect workshops.
PRODUCTS (AMONG OTHERS):
- Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP) creation and adaptation.
- Data collection and analysis system for GFRA indicators
- Leading annual Pause and Reflect meetings
- Completing annual reports against the project AMELP
- Developing trainings, tools, and forms to ensure consistent and accurate reporting by GFRA subcontractors and grantees.
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist Minimum Requirements
- Masters degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Monitoring and Evaluation, or Development Planning and Management.
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring, evaluation, program design, data collection, management and use, and strategic learning.
- Experience working on monitoring and evaluation with USAID or other bilateral or multilateral development agency projects and their implementing contractors.
- Experience at with results frameworks and logical frameworks desirable.
- Complete management of project evaluation, reporting and data collection systems. Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex data and relationships and prepare precise and accurate factual and analytical reports.
- The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist should have knowledge of excel and other data management tools are essential.
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist should have high level of ethics and professional integrity.
- Responsible and able to fulfill tasks in the stipulated times. demonstrated ability to work harmoniously as a team.
Advanced level in English. Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English at a professional level.
How to Apply
Kindly apply through GFRA.Applications@tetratech.com with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format.
Deadline November 10, 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED