October 30th, 2023 at 12:14 am
Study In USA: Bemidji State University International Students Scholarships 2024
Applications for Bemidji State University’s fully funded scholarships are now being accepted from overseas students. Please read this article through to the conclusion for information on qualifying requirements, scholarship perks, and application procedures.
Description of the Scholarship
International undergraduate students with exceptional academic records are eligible for these scholarships. Your academic history, the required admissions essay, and the results of the tests you took to demonstrate your English proficiency will all be taken into consideration when awarding the International Student Scholarship.
Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and are dependent on acceptance by the deadlines and full attendance at the orientation.
The International Student Scholarships do not require a separate application. Scholarship applications and recipients are taken into consideration, provided that they have been accepted in full by:
November 15 for spring applications and June 15 for fall applicants
- Host: Bemidji State University is the host.
- Type of Scholarship: Fully Funded
- Eligible Nationality: International students are eligible to apply.
Benefits of Scholarship:
Value in total: a scholarship of up to $1,000 that may be used toward tuition. The fall and spring semesters will get equal portions of the scholarship money.
For fall applicants who earn a 2.0 GPA or above in their first semester at BSU, there is a $500 per semester award during the first year (maximum of $1000 for fall plus spring semester).
For spring candidates, there is a $500 tuition waiver (up to $500 total).
Note: This scholarship has a restricted budget, and winners will be chosen on the basis of greatest need. Those who have not obtained additional cash for scholarships will be given preference. Scholarships are awarded only to those who complete the orientation program.
Returning BSU students seeking a second degree are not eligible.
General Conditions for Eligibility
International applicants for undergraduate admission must have earned a “C” or higher in their secondary or high school diploma. Students wishing to transfer must have completed any post-secondary education with a “C” average or above.
Proof of English Language Ability
One of the following requirements must be fulfilled by undergraduate students: Request that official copies be provided straight to Bemidji State University’s International Program Center:
- Firstly, undergraduate students must receive a minimum score of 500 on the paper version of the TOEFL or 61 on the online version. The Bemidji State University TOEFL exam code is 6676.
- Secondly, for undergraduate studies, a minimum score on the IELTS is 5.5.
- SAT: Undergraduate students must receive a minimum of 22 or a 400 critical reading subscore, or 400 overall. Bemidji State University’s SAT code is 6676.
- Also, exchanging from an American university or college: remedial courses and ESL do not count toward the minimum 24 credits required for college or university coursework, which must include at least two college-level English courses with a grade of B or above.
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): A cover letter from the testing organization is required, along with a minimum score of 70.
- Moreover, undergraduates must receive a minimum score of 47 on the Pearson Test of English (PTE). Scores obtained through the Score Report website are the only ones deemed legitimate.
- 95 or higher on the Duolingo English Test.
- Graduation from a high school in the United States: The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 and must have attended classes in person.
- ELS Educational Services: Passing at least course 109.
- MELP: Obtaining an S grade after finishing all Level 3: Advanced ESL classes in the Intensive English Program
Proof of English Language Ability
Graduate students need to fulfill one of the prerequisites listed below. Request that official copies be provided straight to Bemidji State University’s International Program Center:
- TOEFL: A minimum score of 550 on the paper version or 80 on the online version is required. For Bemidji State University, the TOEFL exam code is 6676. Visit www.ets.org/toefl/.
- IELTS: A minimum of 6.5 is required.
- MELP: Receiving an S grade after completing all Level 4: High-Advanced ESL classes in the Intensive English Program
- Exchanging from an American university or college: remedial courses and ESL do not count toward the minimum 24 credits required for college or university coursework, which must include at least two college-level English courses with a grade of B or above.
- U.S. Degree: an official transcript of a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree awarded in the United States.
International graduate applicants must have graduated with a GPA of 2.75 or above from a recognized bachelor’s degree program. Note that each department has different prerequisites for entrance. It is not possible for graduate applicants requesting an F-1 visa to enroll in online courses.
Any student who needs to register with the Federal Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) is considered an international student.
Generally speaking, in order to study in the United States, international students require an F-1 or J-1 visa. It is not too difficult for them to transfer to Bemidji State University once they are in the United States.
To apply to study at BSU as an F1 or J1 student and you are in the country on a temporary visa other than an F1 or J1 visa, please contact the International Program Center by phone at (218) 755-4096 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an undocumented immigrant or refugee, or if you are a current citizen of the United States and have a green card or U.S. permanent resident card but have not received formal approval from the USCIS, please contact the Office of Admissions by email at email@example.com
How To Apply?
We strongly advise you to start the application process at least six months ahead of the semester in which you plan to start your studies and to submit your application as early as possible, far in advance of the deadlines listed below. This helps account for waiting periods for visa appointments, the time it takes to file the necessary paperwork and have it approved, and the time it takes to arrange BSU lodging, packing, and travel.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications: Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job opportunities include: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED