Scholarship for Public Service: Obama-Chesky Scholarships 2023 (up to $50,000)
Do you know a rising junior in the United States who is eager to travel and broaden their experiences while trying to bring about positive change? Are they willing to learn from others and serve as community bridge builders? Instruct them to submit an application for the 2023 Voyager Scholarship for Public Service.
The Voyager Scholarship was set up by the Obamas and Brian Chesky, who helped start Airbnb and is now its CEO and co-founder. Its goal is to help develop leaders like these. Both the President and Brian, who come from diverse backgrounds, think that exposure to new places and experiences fosters understanding, empathy, and cooperation, which empowers the following generation to effect genuine change.
This scholarship gives college students money to help pay off their debt, meaningful travel experiences to broaden their horizons, and a network of mentors and leaders to help them.
The Voyager Scholarship for Public Service includes:
- Financial aid of up to $50,000: For their junior and senior years of college, students are eligible for “last dollar” financial aid of up to $25,000.
- Financial help of up to $50,000: Students are eligible for “last dollar” financial aid of up to $20,000 during their junior and senior years of college.
- Fall Summit: Every fall, students will be invited to a summit that will serve to guide and encourage their path toward public service.
- Network of leaders: Students will be given access to a network of leaders throughout the program by being invited to a regular speaker series. They will learn about new service opportunities and advancements taking place in their professions thanks to this network of leaders. After graduating, students will become a part of the global community of the Obama Foundation, which will make Foundation resources and programming available to them.
- 10-year travel allowance: Following graduation, Airbnb will give the students a total of $20,000 worth of Airbnb travel credits, distributed over ten years. As a result, students will be able to keep expanding their perspectives and making new contacts throughout their careers in public service.
WHO CAN APPLY
Voyager Scholarship candidates must:
- Plan to attend full-time in the junior year of study in the fall of 2023 at a recognized four-year institution or university in the United States (including U.S. Territories). The number of credits acquired at their institution by the fall of 2023 will determine whether eligible students are considered juniors or seniors when they complete their sophomore year in the spring of 2023. (Eligible students include juniors moving from a two-year to a four-year institution for the 2023–2024 academic year.)
- Have four (4) semesters or six (6) quarters of academic study left before receiving a degree.
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or something comparable.
- Have proven their dedication to public service.
- Have demonstrated their commitment to serving the public.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (U.S.), possess a Permanent Resident Card, or be a person who has been granted deferred action status through the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA).
UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH: ANDREA LEVY 2023-2024 SCHOLARSHIP (£5,000 STIPEND)
You must include the following in your application by uploading it:
- A complete and current transcript of grades. Not acceptable are grade reports. Transcripts have to show
- Student name
- School name
- Grades and credit hours for each course
- Term in which each course was taken
- A full academic record that is up to date. Grade reports are not acceptable. Transcripts must demonstrate
- Provide financial details and the tax form from your parent(s) or guardian if you are claimed as a dependent (s).
- If you are self-employed, you must provide your tax return and financial details.
Your application is incomplete if all required materials are not submitted online.
Visit the Voyager Scholarship website for additional information.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED