The Sample Makers will undertake all sample patterns on fabrics prior to large-scale production of garments, creating fabric samples for the production team and send these partial samples or prototypes for different apparel products to immediate production supervisors.
- Marks and cuts out material sews parts of new styles, following patterns, sketches, and design specifications, to prepare samples.
- Selects parts threads, according to design specifications.
- Positions and aligns parts of sample together, following markings on parts, sketches and patterns.
- Sews parts and attaches other significant parts using needle & thread or sewing machine.
- Drapes on model form, examines fit and hang of sample and marks to indicate position of fastener & trimmings.
- May sew fasteners and trimmings using needle thread or sewing machine.
- Mark cut materials to obtain parts, following patterns or designers’ sketches.
- Join dress parts to prove correctness of pattern as to fit and hang
- Certificate in Fashion designing with a reputable fashion institution or a fashion school
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in sewing, either from working in a fabric or mass production facility
- Experience with pattern construction using a particular type of material, such as leather, chiffon, cotton, or wool.
- Ability to use different types of sewing machines and procedures, as well as the ability to assess the technical quality of patterns
- Must be creative and result oriented
- Keen attention to details
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Method Of application
Closing Date: 6th January 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED