A reputable Rural and Community Bank in the Ashanti Region is looking for a dynamic and result-oriented individual full of ideas and innovation to fill the vacant position of GENERAL MANAGER.
The successful applicant shall have the responsibility for delivering the mandate of the Rural Bank and the overall supervision and responsibility for the effective and efficient running of the Bank
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Formulate policies and procedures for carrying out the work of the Bank and implement decisions and strategies of the Board.
2) Coordinate the preparation of the Bank’s Strategic Plan and annual budgets and ensure their implementation
3) Manage efficiently the human, financial and physical resources of the Bank to achieve organisational goals.
4) Provide overall leadership and guidance for the Bank through coordination of activities of all departments and agencies for the achievement of the objectives of the Bank.
5) Accountable to the Board for the day-to-day management and administration of the operations of the Bank.
6) Plan, organise, implement, monitor and evaluate all the Bank’s activities
7) Ensure the preparation of accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly prudential returns and their timely submission to the Bank of Ghana, the ARB Apex Bank and other stakeholders.
8) Ensure compliance with the Banks and Specialised Deposit Taking Institutions Act 2016 (Act 930), the ARB Apex Bank Regulations, 2006 (L 1825) and other relevant legislations and directives.
9) Establish linkages between the Bank of Ghana and ARB Apex Bank, as well as other financial institutions and external bodies. 10) Prepare and submit management reports and technical papers to the Board for decision making.
11) Ensure a peaceful and harmonious industrial working environment.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1) A minimum of a first degree in a relevant discipline from a recognised University plus at least fifteen (15) years working experience in the banking industry with 5 years in senior management position. OR
A relevant professional qualification plus at least ten (10) years working experience in banking with at least five (5) years in senior management position.
2) Experience in a rural banking environment is highly preferred,
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
Excellent knowledge of the banking industry, trends and developments, including up-to-date knowledge in reporting standards both locally and at the international level eg. IFRS, BASEL II / III etc, Thorough knowledge of the operations and services of Rural & Community Banks, including the operational risks related to RCBS
Thorough knowledge of local banking legislations, including ARB Apex Bank Ltd. Regulations, 2006 (LI. 1825), Banks and Specialised Deposit Taking Institutions Act, 2016, (Act 930) and Companies Act, 2019, (Act 992),
Must have Knowledge of core banking application e.g. T24 banking application.
Networking, Influencing and Stakeholder
Management Communications at all levels both internally and externally. Problem solving, Analytical and Decision Making.
Drive, initiative, business acumen and result-oriented. Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications, accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, names and address of three (3) referees and contact telephone/email addresses should be forwarded to:
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION DEPT
ARB APEX BANK LIMITED
P. O. BOX GP 20321
Two weeks from the date of this publication. That is 2nd December 2020
Please note that only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED