- Company: Dredge Masters Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
DML is a market leader in dredging and has a sizable presence in Marine and Civil Construction. Dredging services cover urban dredging and environmental dredging, dredging of dams, rivers and lagoons, maintenance dredging of ports and harbors.
Marine construction activities involve beach nourishments, coastal defense and other coastal protection measures.
The company is also active in urban drainage and drain construction.
Dredge Masters Limited (DML) is an ISO certified company with certification in Quality ISO 9001:2015, Occupational Health and Safety ISO 45001:2018 and Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2015 standards.
DML is known for quality and high operational excellence and adheres to sustainable development goals (SDG’s). DML is seeking to fill the position of:
JOB TITLE: Project Environmental Manager
- Location: Accra
- Posted on: July 19, 2021
- Closing Date: August 6, 2021
To oversee the environmental performance on the projects and implementing and monitoring environmental strategies that promote sustainable development.
REPORT TO: Managing Director
- Responsible for making sure operational projects are compliant with all environmental regulations in areas such as air quality, waste, clean water, and pollution.
- Monitor trends of environmental parameters and implement programs and procedures to facilitate a safer working environment.
- Contribute to the development of sustainability awareness strategy flexible enough to appeal to all activity lines.
- Access, analyze and collate environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies when required.
- Manage environmental strategy budgets
- Provide environmental trainings to staff at all levels
- Keep up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislations and initiatives as per ISO 14001 and EPA laws.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate or IEMA Certificate is an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years of experience as an Environmental Manager in preferably urban dredging, inland dredging, marine construction, Dams and Environmental Engineering/Management.
- Have proven work experience both dredging projects and corporate managerial level as a sustainability specialist.
- Have strong background in Integrated management systems (set-up and implementation).
- Have thorough knowledge of relevant Environment standards (such as ISO 14001)
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body (IEMA, GHISEP)
- Must have worked in similar projects (Construction or dredging works in developing countries) as an Environmental and Sustainability Specialist.
- Experience in project based management (non-hierarchical guiding and mentoring)
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must be able to implement environmental policies and Practices
- Must demonstrate passion for environment and sustainability
- Must devise the best tools and systems to monitor project environmental performance and to implement strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills on top of strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in environmental reporting and data analytics
Method of Application
Interested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email address to: email@example.com
On or before 6th August, 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED