Police arrest man whipping his toddler in viral video
A man who was seen in a viral video brutally assaulting his barely three-year-old son has been arrested by the police
On Wednesday, Richard Kofi who is the suspect was picked up by the police around 3:30 p.m. at Akaa Buem in Jasikan in the Oti Region.
In the video, the man believed to be his father whacks the boy off his feet with what appears like a branch of scrub and continues a ghastly assault on the boy.
Undeterred by the boy’s pitchy cries, the suspect lifts the boy up and continues the beating. He whips the boy at least 21 times in the video.
The community was stirred up after the police went in to pick up the suspect at Akaa Buem on Wednesday. He was taken to the chief’s palace to explain his alleged crime and taken away in a Toyota van.
The suspect’s wife who lives in a house separate from the husband was also picked up by the police and the child was placed in the care of the police.
The arrest comes barely 24 hours after the police issued a statement Tuesday, slapping a 2,000cedi bounty on the man.
The suspect insisted he had done nothing wrong while being transported out of the community. He was heard swearing and threatening to harm those who reported him to the police.
For more local news, CLICK HERE
- Cape Coast High Court cancels 2020 Assin North parliamentary election results
- Gunshots in Bawku again as police worried residents reluctant to volunteer info
- Deadly Weekend: Groom crashes to death on way to wedding
- Jealous groom beats male wedding guest for tightly hugging his bride (Video)
- Drink water if you can’t afford the new prices of alcohol – GIHOC Boss tells Ghanaians
- Gov’t extends deadline for SIM card re-registration
- Ho: 12 Commercial sex workers arrested
- Video evidence of street robbery at Adenta SSNIT Flat area
- Regularly monitor your bank account balances; report any suspicious transactions – BoG urges
- Ghanaians Face Punishing New Levy On Electronic Payments
- E LEVY CHARGES ON MOBILE MONEY IN GHANA 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED