ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI IDUAPRIEM LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Westem Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited (AAIL) is looking for highly qualified and motivated persons to join the team to undertake Special Projects with an estimated project duration of between nine and 24 months.
The officer – Safety role is accountable for supporting in the implementation of the safety management system to ensure compliance with the OHSAS 18001 standards mine-wide and offer supervision to the project team.
- Co-ordinate Site Specific Induction for all the project team and offer daily supervision to ensure safety of the workers
- Assist in incident investigations on the mine and facilitate reporting of accidents
- Assist in conducting planned inspection & audits using checklist periodically, aimed at evaluating compliance with standards and checking the state of safety of the project team
- Assist in ensuring that all the statutory requirements that have a bearing on occupational health and Safety are adhered to Assist in conducting investigations into the causes of all accidents, recommending and monitoring of the implementation of remedial measures to prevent recurrence.
- Assist in conducting periodic on-the-job training for the project team to heighten their safety awareness to ensure they carry out their tasks in a safe manner.
- Ensure the preparation of the daily and weekly safety reports
- Ensure the preparation and submission of the monthly accident statistics
- Liaise with site safety team to ensure conformity of safety responsibilities
- BSc in Civil/ Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or Environmental Health and
- Safety from a recognised institution A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in the Safety functions in a mining environment.
- Knowledgeable in Safety/Loss Control principles and safety management Systems (e.g. NOSA, OHSAS 1800, ISO 14001, 1RCA, etc.) Ability to write and compile reports and make presentations
- Ability to conduct safety training and inductions.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge in the Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must possess team leadership, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure with quality of work as a priority
- Medical fitness for the position as well as the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and ability to drive Light Vehicle
Mode of Application
Interested and eligible persons are to email their covering letters and curriculum vitae with the subject line – the position title to [email protected] not later than Friday, 19 February 2021
NB: Only electronic applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend the interview.
AAIL. is an equal opportunity employer. Women with the required criteria are encouraged to apply
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED