Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Community Water and Sanitation Agency (CWSA) Recruitment 2020. The application deadline is 7th August 2020.
Until the early 1990s, the Ghana Water and Sewerage Corporation (GWSC) had been responsible for urban and rural water supply since 1965. During this period, there was low coverage of Rural Water Supply for rural people.
This led to the creation of the Rural Water Department within the GWSC in 1986 to give more attention to the provision of water and sanitation services for rural people. Some facilities were provided but these could not be sustained due to non-payment of tariffs by beneficiary communities and little or no maintenance by the centralised maintenance units of the GWSC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Affairs Manager
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE
- Provides sound, timely and high level legal and policy advice.
- Serves as Board Secretary and prepares draft memoranda and documentation for, and from, Board
- Develops and maintains formats for contracts.
- Represents the Agency in court.
- Prepares and reviews draft contracts.
- Provides legal advice on negotiations with the government, external support agencies and other bodies.
- Prepares legal briefs and opinion where necessary.
- Reviews annual work-plans and budgets for the unit.
- Prepares reports on the status of court cases of which the Agency is a party.
- Prepares quarterly and annual reports on the activities of the unit.
- Prepares drafts of legislation for consideration by the CWSA Board.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicant must have:
- Degree from a recognised university.
- Professional Law Qualification (e.g. BL) recognised by the Ghana Legal Council plus good standing membership of the Ghana Bar Association. Satisfactory performance at a selection interview.
- It would be an advantage if the ideal candidate possesses a minimum of three (3) years of post-qualification experience. This would, however, not prevent applicants with less experience from being considered. Experience in the public sector would also be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward applications together with the following:
- Motivation statement of the applicant’s vision for the unit and why he/ she feels qualified for the position, including achievements, if any;
- Curriculum Vitae with supporting documents e.g. copies of certificates, testimonials etc. as well as names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be the applicant’s current supervisor) to the address below.
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE
COMMUNITY WATER AND SANITATION AGENCY
P.M.B, KOTOKA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Application Deadline: 7th August 2020.
Kindly include telephone and email addresses.
Only applicants to be interviewed will receive a response.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
Subscribe to Blog via Email