Newmont Mining Corporation Announces New Job
Job Title: Senior Underground Short Term Planning Engineer
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
The role delivers the 12 weekly rolling mine plan and the quarterly mine plan as well as supervise the short-term weekly scheduling in accordance with the Business Plan and the Life of Mine (LOM) resource/reserve pipeline to enable the underground operations to carry out safe production.
- Firstly, Develop the 12-week mining schedule with input from all technical and operational stakeholders ensuring alignment to the annual budget.
- Secondly, Support to generate a yearly forecast schedule every 3 months and provide recommendations to achieve compliance to the budget.
- Thirdly, Supervise the development of the weekly schedule and ensure alignment to the 12-week plan.
- Moreover, Gather sub departments information to support 12-week scheduling.
- Additionally, Contribute to resource and reserve estimation through cutoff grade calculation, stope optimimsation analysis and costing.
- More so, Contribute to annual budgeting activities in relation to mine production.
- Thereafter, Ensure the mining physicals against budget and forecast are tracked and validated for reporting requirements.
- Besides the above, Establish, implement, and maintain the drill and blast engineering processes, standards and procedures.
Data Management And Reporting
- To begin with, Ensure the data integrity of Pitram/dispatch reporting on a daily, weekly, monthly basis and productive tables.
- Then, Supervise the design and development of dispatch processes.
- Also, Manage the overall operation of mine dispatch.
- In addition, Generate the 12-week schedule booklets for the technical services and operations teams.
- Afterwards, Ensure creation of quality weekly reports for underground management team.
- Finally, Create quality monthly reports for site management team.
Safety Health And Environment
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Actively participate in all Newmont Ghana safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Demonstrate personal commitment regarding safety and environmental practices.
- Recommend improvement activities to achieve and exceed KPI’s.
- Chairs the monthly quarterly pre-commitment and commitment meetings which include tracking all outstanding tasks.
- Support in chairing the daily and weekly production meetings.
- Liaise with Mine Foreman on execution of monthly plan which includes underground mine visit prior to 3 months pre-commitment meeting.
Staff And Contract Management
- Ensure staff resources are maximized; implement and monitor performance and individual development plans for all direct reports, with staff members undertaking appropriate training and development so they are skilled to perform allocated duties efficiently.
- Retain and develop key personnel with adequate succession planning in place for all roles.
Your Training, Skills & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Tertiary Qualification in Mine Engineering.
- An advanced degree in Mine Engineering and/or a Mine Foreman Certificate of Competency from the inspectorate division of Minerals Commission, Ghana is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of the design software (DESWIK).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- 7 years working experience in an underground mining environment.
- A minimum of 2 years underground mining operational time in blasting, drilling, haulage and service crew works.
- Preferred previous experience in ventilation and drill and blast engineering.
- Preferred experience in supervising a scheduling engineering team.
- Deadline driven.
- Safety conscious.
- Takes initiative.
- Attentive to detail.
- Lastly, Works under pressure.
- Firstly, Combination of office and underground mining conditions.
- Secondly, Moist wet surfaces with section of continuous waterfall.
- Thirdly, Potential for extreme dust particles and high heat/humidity.
- Moreover, Noise exposure within the requirements for earplugs or/and earmuffs.
- Furthermore, Dark environment which requires personal attachment of lit head gear.
- Additionally, Potential for seismic activity underground.
- Afterwards, Underground conditions include steep decline with section of uneven terrain.
- Last but not least, Unventilated areas with asphyxiating gaseous environments.
- Finally, Working with corrosive chemicals.
How to Apply for this Newmont Mining Corporation New Job
Closing Date : 15th August. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED