New Job Opening at UNI Global Union
Role Title: Lead Organiser
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to fill the new post of Lead Organiser in Ghana, where we will be collaborating with the Health Services Workers Union (HSWU). Candidates with expertise in organizing and campaigning in unions or comparable industries will be given preference.
Lead an organizing team by:
- Giving the organizers real-time feedback
- Assisting organizers in driving ongoing improvement and skill development
- Setting priorities and assigning tasks to organizers
- Providing updates on team activities
- Organizer training development, coordination, and delivery
The following tasks will be completed by Lead Organisers:
- Educate health and care workers on their employment rights, as well as how to organize and use collective power to improve compensation, working conditions, gender equality, and sector policies.
- Create active and lasting organizational structures that contribute to the achievement of the Union’s goals.
- Develop and implement organizational plans to ensure membership growth, member leadership and action, and winning industry power.
- Conduct workplace research and mapping.
- Maintain social media data work, generate reports, lead zoom, and digital engagement work
- Bargain with employers
- Maintain and promote the Union’s ideals of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
- A strong desire to enhance workers’ lives and achieve the project’s objectives.
- A year of experience as an organizer in a trade union or social/economic justice organization is required, with managerial or training experience desirable.
- Excellent communication, messaging, and relationship-building abilities
- Proven expertise in managing data and using basic digital technologies.
- Willingness to learn, adapt, and problem-solve
- The ability to plan and organize work to attain results
- The ability to work long and irregular hours
- The ability to travel and stay away from home for extended periods.
- English proficiency
- Proven ability to fulfill deadlines and objectives
- Proven commitment to economic and social leadership
Salary: Successful candidates will be provided a competitive salary and benefits package.
Contract term: two years full-time (40 hours per week on average and days as needed) with a six-month trial period. The contract will be revised annually for the duration of the project.
How to Apply for this Job at UNI Global Union
To apply for the job, send your resume and a letter of application (in English) to the project lead at [email protected]. In the letter, you should highlight your qualifications for the role as well as the important selection criteria.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject: Lead Organiser (Ghana)
Closing Date: December 31, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED