At Linkfire, We’re the smart marketing platform for the creative and music industries. Our links route millions of fans across the globe to the content they love, in the apps they love.
Listeners the world over are streaming through different services — and no Spotify user appreciates being pushed an Apple Music link — so how do you connect to all of them at once, simply and smartly?
Our technology links fans directly to the content they love in their favorite app. At the same time, we empower everyone from major labels to bedroom artists with unparalleled audience insights.
Since we started, Linkfire has become a trusted partner to the music industry’s biggest names, as well as thousands of soon-to-be biggest names.
Do you want to be part of bringing Afrobeats, Amapiano, and many more genres from Africa to the rest of the world and help us spread the word about smart links, music discovery and music marketing?
Join us at Linkfire and be at the forefront of music MarcTech in Africa. Our mission is to empower African artists and their teams to conquer the global charts and grow in their careers.
As a Marketing Specialist, your mission will be to build brand awareness and develop stronger relationships with stakeholders in the industry. You will work closely with a cross-functional team across marketing, content production, sales, and customer success.
In your daily tasks, you will support in developing local marketing strategies and share your market insights with the rest of the organization. You will support in developing and executing local marketing strategies and campaigns, including events, newsletters, outbound, and sales.
As a Marketing Specialist at Linkfire, you will work closely with the team on communicating discoveries, our vision and sharing knowledge about our digital tool.
We strive to make sure we give our clients the best service possible and this requires that you are willing to go the extra mile. In your daily tasks, you will support in developing local marketing strategies and share your market insights with the rest of the organization.
You will become part of Linkfire Africa, which is on a mission on building long-term client relationships and client portfolios within the music industry. In cooperation with the regional manager of Africa, you will get to execute marketing efforts.
- Conduct market research and participate in the definition of buyer personas in Africa and support with marketing campaigns for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Independently write stories and contribute with content (ideas) for our blog and social media.
- Contact and establish relations with relevant media to create awareness around Linkfire and music marketing
- Act as a Linkfire Platform guide and conduct discovery calls, presentations, and demos with prospects and passive customers
- Produce merchandise and coordinate demo sessions and events with our partners
- Produce and coordinate content creation production
- Become an expert on all Linkfire products so you can clearly articulate and demonstrate our value proposition, creating excitement and enthusiasm among prospects
Abilities and Skills:
We are looking for candidates with people skills, ambitious and not afraid to deal with a variety of stakeholders. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and solve problems before they become problems. Maybe you are a freelancer, looking to transit into a full-time role.
- An international profile and speak and write English fluently
- You are a team player who values collaboration
- +2 years of working experience
- Experience with press, blogs and other PR tasks
- Great people skills combined with a mentality of putting the client and your colleagues at the centre
- You are comfortable working remotely and individually from time to time
- Interested, ambitious, and curious about the music industry
- Experience working with digital media, social media, digital marketing, paid ads is an advantage.
- A great writer who has the ability to understand a diverse range of target markets and audience
- Experience with market research and basic understanding of the music market in Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana or all and its complexity. Prior experience in the music and/or advertising industry is a plus.
- Relevant certificates and references from prior employees is a plus.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in one of the fastest-growing music tech companies in the world.
- A Macbook
- An open, informal entrepreneurial startup working environment.
- A truly international spirit, with over 20+ different nationalities.
- No two days that are alike
- Cool virtual events with our four other offices and much more.
- Focus on growth and development
More About Linkfire:
We’re a passionate team of music techies on a mission to make music consumption easier for fans, labels, and artists. The music industry is transforming constantly, the market is fragmented and split across many different platforms and services.
Physical sales are going down. Legal downloads and in particular streaming are gaining momentum.
The transformation will continue and the years to come will be very interesting. We want to contribute to the transformation by bringing music and fans closer. Not inside music services, but outside where fans and artists engage. Our approach is to index digital music across music services and provide smart links that route fans directly to the music regardless of their location or which player or platform they use.
It’s complex. We make it simple.
Music has the unique power to unite us all. It transcends cultures, languages, and borders. Every day, we help artists from around the world connect with their fans, and we’re immensely proud to count such a diverse range of creators as our users. We embrace this diversity inside our offices too. At Linkfire, we want you to find a place to belong and feel encouraged to be your authentic self. We, therefore, do not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Method of Application
Closing Date: 18th February, 2022.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED