December 6th, 2022 at 07:42 am
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
Plan International in partnership with Instiglio and the Jacobs Foundation will implement the Education Outcome Fund Programme (EOF) under the Ghana Accountability and Learning Outcomes Programme (GALOP).
The programme aims to improve the quality of education in low performing basic education schools and strengthen education sector equity and accountability in Ghana. The Programme will run for a period of 4 years and will be implemented across 3 regions in Ghana (North East, Savana and Bono East) and 11 districts. The Project will support a total of 240 communities/schools.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator (MELC) will support the implementation of project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans. The MELC will play a vital role in supporting the Ghana Programmes by supporting reporting to project funders and the ongoing generation of evidence on the efficacy and impact of the Team Up project. This is a key support role, suitable for candidates who wish to develop their Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning skills in a fast-paced environment.
The program departments of Plan Ghana Offices have MERL units whose purpose is to improve program quality and accountability through supporting and implementing high quality MERL in programs and projects, and, to provide evidence for programme design, planning and effectiveness.
The MEL Coordinator is a member of the MERL unit of PIG. The role of the position is to contribute to ensuring programme quality and accountability at project level.
Dimensions of the Role
The MEL Coordinator will report to the MEL Specialist for the Team Up project. The post holder will support field staff and the project team to monitor project activities and timely delivery of monitoring data and reports.
The post holder will interface and support project team members and programme coordination. The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
The role also involves analyzing raw data and producing analysis reports for Plan International which requires constant communication with the MEL Specialist, Education Specialist and Project Manager. The MEL Coordinator will represent the Project during field visits for monitoring and stakeholder engagement purposes.
The job holder will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the finalization and validation of Performance measurement frameworks with relevant stakeholders
- Support the integration of indices designed as composite measurements that aggregate, rank and summarize multiple indicators and data points
- Support the development of qualitative and quantitative monitoring tools
- Conduct project monitoring inclusive of tool design and development; data collection, cleaning and compilation; analysis, validation and sharing with relevant stakeholders
- Support the establishment and maintenance of Management Information System to systematically collect, store and analyse output and activity information
- Supporting relevant staff to monitor and manage Regional/District/Project Coordinator monitoring plans, targets and performanceProviding the MEL Specialist with operational and contextual information on MEL, as necessary
- Working with the MEL Specialist to prepare Quarterly Monitoring Reports.
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for report running as required by the wider Plan International Ghana team, through the MEL Specialist
- Continuous analysis of the accuracy of monitoring data coming through Salesforce/ Performance Management System from field and project staff
- Setting up mobile data collection software, including setting up new users and deleting inactive users
- Inputting of qualitative and quantitative data into Salesforce/ Performance Management System as required
- Analysis of qualitative and quantitative data in Salesforce/ Performance Management System as required
- Data entry from the field for input into Salesforce/ Performance Management System as required
- Conduct analysis of monitoring data for internal programme planning purpose
- Protect organization operation by ensuring data privacy and protection at all times
- Constantly update cooperate systems(YODA/PMERL/SAP/ERP/GIS etc)
- Performs any other duties to be assigned by Project and MERL Managers to support the achievement of organizational goals
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualifications & Experience
- First degree in statistics, measurement, planning, monitoring & evaluation, development studies, Social science, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in program planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and research of development projects.
- Good understanding of results-based management tools and approaches
- Demonstrable good experience in developing and implementing MEL systems, inclusive of Management Information Systems
- Good knowledge of the processes, procedures and systems in project planning, management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Good experience in leading quantitative and qualitative tool design and data collection techniques, statistical analysis, and data presentation and validation of results.
- Experience in education development projects and familiarity with Ghana’s educational landscape
Key skills & Competencies
- Strong project monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and written
- Highly functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other ICT skills required
- Commitment to working transparently and with integrity
- Passion for gender transformative programming and education, mission driven work and personal values aligned with Plan International
- Inclusive and empowering approach to leadership and MEL
- Self-starter and team player with high standards
- Demonstrated creativity and willingness to innovate
- Flexible and adaptable work style to respond to an evolving context
- Ability to multi task and work under some level of pressure
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and with multi- and interdisciplinary teams
How to Apply for MEL Coordinator
Closing Date: 23rd December 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Firstly, Job Recruitment at The Capital Group Limited
- Secondly, International Workplace Group Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, New Job Opportunity at Robert Walters
- Moreover, APPLY NOW || University of Ghana Job Vacancies
- Additionally, Mastercard Foundation New Vacancy Advertisement
- Then, UNICEF Ghana Job Recruitment For November 2022
- Also, Besa Manufacturing Company New Job Opportunities
- Furthermore, Job Opening at SOS Children’s Villages International
- Afterwards, Farmerline Latest Employment Opportunity
- Finally, Lashibi Funeral Homes & Crematorium Job Vacancies
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED