- Company: Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Ghana
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city.
Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre.
The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef, the Sous Chef’s main function is to assist the Executive Sous Chef in managing the Kitchen in order to ensure the highest standards.
He/ She will ensure that standard recipes are developed and written, new dishes and products are developed, outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained, profitability and popularity of dishes on the menu are reviewed based upon menu item sales figures, and changes are made where applicable, effective employee working relationships are established and maintained, all HACCP guidelines are achieved and maintained.
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef in developing training plans, develop training material in accordance with Kempinski guidelines and implement training plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees.
- Ability to cook using a tandoor, a brick or clay oven commonly used in Indian-style cooking. Takes responsibility of mise en place and set up of his station.
- Ensures that special care is taken in ensuring that food is cooked evenly since the temperature in the tandoor can vary from bottom to top.
- Assists kitchen staff in maintaining high cuisine standards for function guests.
- Is able to train the junior staff the basic of tandoor cooking so in his absence the standards can be carried on.
- Assists the executive chef in ensuring that health and safety standards are upheld in the kitchen.
- Assists the Executive Chef in the development of Indian menus and the implementation of the tandoor menus
- Assists other kitchen staff in ensuring that the kitchen is kept clean at all times.
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated operations manuals for all Food Production and Stewarding sections and in developing recipes and maintaining up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Participate and supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc)
- HACCP certification
- Minimum 3 years plus cooking with a tandoori oven in a Indian or Asian restaurant.
- Experience in a standalone F&B operation is beneficial
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of culinary
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage.
We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service.
We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests.
And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Closing Date : 25th Nov. 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE