Job Vacancy For Finance Specialist
The project is supporting the Ministry of Energy in Ghana in improving the financial sustainability of the energy sector and the framework conditions for promoting investments in renewable energies and energy efficiency and aims at strengthening the Ghanaian climate goals and sustainable and inclusive economic development.
Scope of the Role
As a Finance Specialist for Accounting Compliance, you will strengthen the internal control procedures of the program and take on a mentoring role for Finance Officers by advising on implementing compliant business procedures and documentation as well as ensuring that financial administration functions are executed well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures and regulatory frameworks.
- Firstly, You will ensure full compliance of our processes to internal control/ auditing rules. With your follow up, records are always ready to be audited ad-hoc.
- Secondly, You will support and coach other Finance Specialists in all accounting procedures, give trainings and knowledge-sharing, do work shadowing, give regular feedbacks in accounting procedures and check documentation in a 4-eye principle.
- Thirdly, You will closely follow up on proper execution of financial procedures (timely recording of expenditures, proper documentation, correct execution of monthly closing procedure etc.)
- Moreover, You will support the Senior Finance Manager in providing annual Internal Control (IC) management by not focusing on mistakes but to provide broader compliance-oriented advice in light of GIZ Processes and Regulations (P+R).
- Finally, You will be an active part of the procurement opening committee, oversee the procurement mailbox and conduct a regular risk assessment of the program and general SustainE4Climate processes and propose mitigation measures to management.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s degree in accounting or Commerce or related field from a recognized college.
- At least 5 years of experience as a finance officer or related field in Government or NGO or international organization.
- Very high proficiency in financial documentation procedures, preferably experience in accounting systems of public institutions in Ghana.
- Familiarity with contracting rules in the public sector, especially with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Very high proficiency with Microsoft Excel and IT affine personality.
- Proactive interest in improving quality of work; Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English.
- Strong interpersonal and service skills; Strong organization and time management skills;
- Ability to perform efficiently in a multicultural work environment;
- Ability to work under time pressure; Self-driven motivation to create knowledge and innovations.
How To Apply For This Job Vacancy For Finance Specialist
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected] quoting the Job Code 2022/SE4C/22/09 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 06 October, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- University of Ghana Announces Job Vacancies
- USAID West Africa Call For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at WASCAL
- West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
- Newmont Mining Corporation Job Available Vacancy
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research Call For Job Applications
- Canonical Latest Job Vacancies
- Massive Recruitment|| SOCODEVI Invite Job Applications
- Massive Recruitment|| MDF West Africa Limited Job Openings
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED