- Company: International Fertilizer Development Center
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ghana
IFDC is a multinational and independent non-profit organization with over 46 years of experience in profitable and sustainable crop production approaches by combining innovative research, market system development and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, agricultural productivity and food security and livelihoods in developing countries and around the world.
IFDC has over the years built a solid network of agro-input producers, dealers, farmers, farmer-based organizations, off-takers and processers around the globe.
Position Statement of Purpose
IFDC is seeking an innovative-minded candidate who is motivated to work in a projectized environment and enjoys working to improve food and nutrition security of smallholder farmers and their households.
The intern will have the opportunity to apply theoretical concepts acquired during academic trainings by assuming the following responsibilities.
- Assist the NBD team to address food and nutrition security issues in relevant business opportunities, including capture planning and in proposal development
- Support NBD team and project teams to ensure that best practices and minimum quality standards are consistently applied across maternal, child health, and nutrition activities
- Assist NBD team and project teams in planning and implementation of food and nutrition security interventions in the sub-region
- Assist in collecting and anlyzing food and nutrition security baseline data to support implementation and project performance measurement
- Identify effective pathways towards improving nutrition practices and health conditions among vulnerable populations to consider during proposal development.
- Participate in the collection of data on complex social issues, including women’s empowerment, behavior change, livelihood resilience, and adaptations to climate change that affect food security
- Support data quality assessments for relevant food security and nutrition activities and assist in the development and refinement of benchmarks and indicators
- Any other food and nutrition security as deemed necessary.
- A graduate in Food & Nutrition Security, Community Nutrition, Food Security, Human Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, Integrated Development Studies, and related subjects from an accredited institution
- A good understanding of human nutrition and health relationships, unbalanced nutrition and nutritional deficiencies especially in the youth and pregnant women
- Good communication skills in English (both writing and speaking) and presentation skills using PowerPoint
- Proposal writing skills and a working knowledge of French is a plus
- Ability to statistically analyze food and nutrition security data using IT tools such as Epi-Info, SPSS, GenStats, etc
- General IT skills e.g. MS Word, Excel, PPT, etc.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 4 June. 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED