- Company: Absa Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To provide specialist advice & support in area of specialisation enabling the provision of an approved audit plan in compliance with auditing methodology.
Accountability: Audit Delivery and Issue Assurance
The core responsibility of an auditor within Absa is to execute audit assignments in accordance with the Group Audit Plan and relevant policies, procedures and quality standards.
The job holder will be required to:
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the methodology, by attending training sessions and using knowledge gained during audits, use this proactively in executing audit activities.
- Deliver assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor work to a high quality and in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Assurance scorecard.
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor with planning and execution of Design Effectiveness and Operating Effectives Testing, uniformly applying the methodology and quality standards, focusing the work on key risks, with minimum supervision from the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key audit contacts on each audit by attending continuous stakeholder meetings. In addition, engage closely with stakeholders during assignments and encourage open discussion and interaction with business on the risks associated in their environment.
- Engage proactively with Internal Audit colleagues Absa Internal Audit (AIA) during assignments and request technical assistance where required. Technical assistance may be requested for the review of the risks and controls to be tested, audit working papers and audit report.
- Based on knowledge of business areas, provide guidance to other auditors and peers by sharing best practice so that their work meets and sometimes exceeds quality standards.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Absa and the various business areas and use this knowledge to assess risks and controls through identifying, assessing and documenting risks and controls within these processes.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls and document all working papers in Synergy for review by the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Ensure all audit observations and planned actions are factually agreed with management as soon as they arise and increase the speed of report issuance. Provide suggestions to stakeholder management on how they can address the control issues identified.
- Document all working papers in line with methodology requirements. The working papers must be accurate, reflective of work performed and support conclusions drawn.
- Display professional scepticism, raising and discussing contentious observations with management and provide evidence to support all issues identified.
- On an ongoing basis throughout the audit, discuss and agree the factual accuracy of audit observations with the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Provide feedback to the Chief Internal Auditor and audit team with progress and observations raised during the audit by communicating honestly, frequently and effectively. Build and maintain good working relationships with fellow auditors.
- Participate fully and be supportive in all audits by providing assistance to the team where required. Be quick to learn and seek opportunities to share this knowledge with colleagues
- Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across selected business units from interaction with management and provide feedback to the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Perform Issue Assurance testing and documenting of the working papers in accordance with the requirements of the Methodology
Accountability: Knowledge Management
- Improve technical knowledge through self-learning or training including mandatory Continuous Professional Education requirements.
- Share knowledge with AIA colleagues and peers in the business.
- Develop and enhance learning through seeking coaching, training and continual feedback
- Coach new joiners and trainees on how to apply the methodology. In addition, to proactively share knowledge of within the team, leading a session at a team meeting.
- Build knowledge of business and culture in business units for the Retail portfolio as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor
- Knowledge of key regulations, including FIC, KYC and AML, Sanctions, for business areas / locations within remit
- Prepare audit observations and make sure that they are concise, factually accurate and cover all of the significant issues. The observations must be insightful, address the root causes, and have agreed actions that fully mitigate the risk.
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor where required, in the drafting of the audit report in line with methodology requirements and as per the requirements of the Balanced Scorecard
Accountability: Relationship management
- Develop and maintain relationships with accountable management on each audit.
- Present effectively at stakeholder meetings and forums (eg: Risk and Governance forums) to share knowledge and information including methodology, standards, changes and new developments with business stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
Education and Experience Required
- B Degree (Commercial, Informatics, Statistics, Mathematics); and/or
- Honours (Commercial, Informatics, Statistics)
- CA (GH) or ACCA (Part 2 or 3)
Knowledge & Skills:
- 2 years’ experience in Internal audit or commensurate experience in a major financial institution
- 2 years’ experience in Risk Based Auditing or Risk/Control activities
- Advance Data Analytics
- Creating and innovating
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 15 Feb. 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED