Handle all data network cabling (Optical and Electrical) within cabinets, between cabinets and between switch rooms and inter pre-fabs.
Run data networking cables for provisioning of connectivity and the integration of services.
Run/lay data networking cables for connectivity of equipment within the above-mentioned Switch Rooms and Data Centers.
Ensure all data networking cables are installed as per global cabling standards (including but not limited to neatly laying and label all cable connections).
Responsible for the installation of networking equipment (switches and other devices) and integration where necessary within the above-mentioned switch rooms and data centers.
Provide documentation for all point to point connections within and between data center racks.
Accra, outside of Accra
Graduate Degree holder, computer science or equivalent engineering discipline
Minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Maintain the network policy documents in the data center
- Detect and rectify the network faults to avoid the downtime
- Carry out the installations and documentation for passive networks (copper and glass)
- Analyze and provide problem resolution to ensure timely delivery of hosting requirement
- Utilize custom monitoring software and an internal ticketing system to provide customer support
- Ensure data center policies and procedures follow customer and service provider standards
- Provide inventory tracking and updating to maintain a valid count of materials and supplies
- Monitor and respond to environmental, security, and equipment monitoring systems along with hardware and network repair
- Have functional knowledge of Inside Plant (ISP) disciplines, including fiber optic and electrical cabling, labelling, and lacing conforming to telecom industry standards
Holding any of the following;
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Data Center (CCNP Data Center)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Data Center (CCNA Data Center)
- Juniper Networks Certified Professional Data Center (JNCIP-DC)
- VCE Converged Infrastructure Administration Engineer (VCE-CIAE)
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
Essential Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of data center environments, servers, and network equipment.
- Extensive experience in installing, monitoring, and maintaining data center equipment.
- Exceptional ability to work as part of a team, provide IT support, and resolve errors.
- Ability to keep up with advancements in data center infrastructure and technologies. Proficiency in documenting network processes. Exceptional communication skills.
How To Apply
All C.V. ‘s should be sent via: [email protected]
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED