Driver Vehicle and Licensing Authority (DVLA) Ghana has the objective to promote good driving standards in the country; and ensure the use of roadworthy vehicles on the roads and in other public places.
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR, VEHICLE INSPECTION AND REGISTRATION (VIR)
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE
LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE, ACCRA
To provide technical, operational and administrative direction for the performance of the DVLA’s Vehicle Inspection and Registration functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide inputs for the formulation of policies relating to VIR functions of the Authority.
- Oversee the administration and supervision of work in the Division
- Ensure the implementation of programs, plans and activities of the Division
- Establish, monitor and review standards and methods for training of vehicle examiners
- Establish and review standards and guidelines for the establishment and examination of motor vehicle inspection centres Ensure the co-ordination, monitoring and evaluation of operations of Vehicle Inspection Centres (VICs).
- Supervise the collation of annual and other periodic reports for the Division
- Supervise the collation of inputs of the Division for the preparation of the annual budget of the Authority
- Appraise the performance of the subordinate staff of the Division
- Coordinate the conduct of the investigation into cases in respect of vehicle inspection and registration functions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of data on registered motor vehicles
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Auto/Agric. Engineering, Transport Planning & Engineering or other related disciplines from an accredited tertiary institution.
- A minimum of ten (10) years post-qualification relevant work experience in the transport industry, five (5) years of which must be in a Senior Management position in a reputable organisation.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrable ethical leadership and supervisory abilities.
- Negotiating, Diplomacy, Lobbying and sourcing of funds.
- Strong knowledge in Public Administration and Public Policy Analysis.
- Good knowledge of contract negotiations.
- Strong project and operations management skills
- Good knowledge of financial, procurement, and auditing and labour regulations. Strong problem-solving skills.
- Organizational development and change management.
- Computing and financial resource management.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their application by email to the address provided below:
MANAGER, RESOURCING, LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
DVLA – HEAD OFFICE
1 JAWAHARLAL NEHRU ROAD
P.O. BOX 9379
KIA – ACCRA
Email: [email protected]
WATCH VIDEO BELOW…LECTURER CAUGHT DOING IT WITH STUDENT
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
NOT LATER THAN 24TH DECEMBER, 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED