- Company: British Council
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Ghana
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world.
We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities.
We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise.
We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share.
This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained.
We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Customer Service and Sales Officer- Ghana
To contribute to the smooth running of the British Council’s Teaching and Exams operations in Ghana by delivering high quality customer service and sales targets in line with corporate standards and policies.
The post-holder will be one of the main points of contact providing information on British Council services, counselling customers to ensure they make the right decisions regarding products and services and ensuring enquiries are converted into sales.
Main opportunities and challenges for this role:
The ideal candidate will work as part of a two-to-three-person team to deliver best-in-class customer experience to all customers and prospects and make them advocates of the British Council.
You will operate as a dedicated point-of-contact for assigned customers and work alongside marketing and business streams to increase income
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- The post-holder will Provide a consistent and positive customer experience in line with the British Council’s Customer Service Strategy and relevant corporate standards and polices
- Handle first-level enquiries received in person, by email or telephone on relevant aspects of the British Council’s activities / products, in a friendly and professional manner, in line with Customer Service standards, and forward all 2nd level enquiries to relevant colleagues, ensuring they are attended to within specified timelines
- You will build rapport with prospective customers to gain understanding and information to respond to their specific needs and requirements
- You will also be the single point of contact for assigned opportunities, guiding them through the journey from first enquiry to final sale
- In addition, you will maintain efficient and up to date scheduling of rooms for both internal and external customers.
- And supervise the use of all digital systems related to facilities booking.
- Ensure a courteous and efficient first point of contact for external customers visiting Accra office/country with customer expectations exceeded.
- Support the delivery of examination services / products through leading on contact, registration and pay and post-test activities to defined quality standards, in order to meet customer needs and support the delivery of the in-country Examinations Business Development Plan
- Collect and report money collected from customers for exam services daily according to FCCF and audit requirements, through cash desks and by issuing receipts for all income received; reconciliation and, processing refunds. Cash desks must be balanced and closed accurately with actual received income
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- At least two years working in a reputable customer service environment with proven positive track record
- Proven track record in sales development and account management environment with proven positive track record.
- Experience of working with digital platforms. (e.g. CRM, Microsoft Office suite, ERP)
Method of Application
Closing Date : 8th Sept. 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED