The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) recruitment for ADMINISTRATIVE/SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTand SECURITY OFFICERS for 2020/2021 is ongoing. Interested persons should follow the guidelines below to apply.
A) POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE/SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified CONTRACT/CASUAL STAFF for appointment as ADMINISTRATIVE/SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in the Registrars’ Offices.
The position requires a:
- Dynamic, self-motivated, result-oriented and competent person who can work with little or no supervision;
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to exercise sound judgement, exhibit a high sense of initiative, managerial skills; and
- Computer literate.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Applicants MUST possess either of the following academic qualification;
- HND in Secretaryship and Management Studies; or
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines
- Secretarial Management
- Management Studies (HRM, Marketing, BMS, etc.)
- Social Sciences
Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years administrative experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates may pick up Application Forms from Office of the Deputy Registrar, Human Resources Development Division (Room 214), Main Administration Block.
Ten (10) copies of the completed Application Forms with Curriculum Vitae, two (2) Referees Report, and photocopies of relevant Certificates should be submitted to the Deputy Registrar, HRD, not later than FRIDAY, 14th FEBRUARY, 2020.
B) POSITION: SECURITY OFFICERS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified CONTRACT/CASUAL STAFF for appointment to limited vacancies as SECURITY OFFICERS in the University.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The appointment is an entry level Junior Staff status and on full-time basis.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Guard Point/Post duties.
- Perform human and vehicular traffic management duties.
- Perform foot and mobile patrol duties.
- Keep records of security incidents.
- Collaborate with the workings of local Security Agencies under supervision.
- Perform any other security related duties assigned.
- Applicants MUST have SSCE or WASSCE certificates with Passes in English and Core Mathematics from any recognised educational institution.
- Applicants should have served continuously as a KNUST Contract/Casual Security Guard for at least one (1) year and of good conduct.
- Should not be more than 35 years by January 2020.
- Applicants must pass written examinations, interviews and requisite body selection as part of the recruitment process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word will be an advantage
- Must be medically fit for the position.
- Applicants must have no criminal record.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Duty conscious and dedication to duty.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualified and interested candidates may pick up Application Forms from the Office of the DEPUTY REGISTRAR, HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT DIVISION (Room 214), Main Administration Block.
Seven (7) copies of the completed Application Forms with Curriculum Vitae, two (2) Referee Reports, and photocopies of relevant Certificates should be submitted to the Deputy Registrar, HRD (Room 214) not later than FRIDAY, 14TH FEBRUARY, 2020.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED