American University Global Leader Scholarship
International students can now apply to be considered for the American University Emerging Global Leader scholarship for 2023. High-achieving international students who are committed to promoting constructive civic and social change and who aspire to earn a bachelor’s degree in the US are the target audience for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship.
It is meant for students who plan to return home to better disadvantaged and underresourced communities in their own nation.
- Host: American University in Washington, DC, USA is the host institution.
- Level/Field(s) of Study: Any University undergraduate program
- Target audience: International students from any country who are not citizens, permanent residents, or dual citizens of the United States and another country are the focus of the scholarships.
All billable AU expenditures (full tuition, housing, and board) are covered by the AU EGL scholarship. Non-billable costs like required health insurance, books, airfare, and other incidentals (about US $4,000) are not covered by the scholarship.
It is extendable, subject to continuous good academic standing, for a total of four years of undergraduate study.
The following will be prioritized:
Students from varied and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as international students who have surmounted various difficulties and challenges, are welcome.
For grades 9 through 12, a minimum GPA is equivalent to 3.8 (or being in the top 10% of the graduating class).
A proven dedication to community service, leadership, voluntarism, and improving the needs of the populace in their native nation.
Pupils who possess one of the following: A minimum of 33 for the SAT Reading Subscore, 29 for the ACT English, 65 for the PTE, 120+ for Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above), or a Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher are required. 95+ for the TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above); sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017); 7.0+ for the IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above). Every subscore needs to be at least 169.
Students who will graduate by June 2024 from secondary or high school while they are still enrolled.
Important: IB students should aim to complete three HL subjects and receive a full IB diploma upon graduation. Before August 2024, students enrolled in the British A-Level program must finish at least three A levels and thirteen years of coursework.
You cannot submit an application if:
- You hold dual citizenship with another nation, are a permanent resident of the United States, or are a citizen of the United States.
- You are a student at another university in your native country or in the US, or you have already started any post-secondary education there.
- You completed your secondary education before 2022.
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship requires completion of the EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by the priority deadline of December 15, 2023, or, at the latest, January 15, 2024. AU EGLS candidates must submit a Regular Decision application by August 2023, the fall. Early Decision should not be used (ED).
It is crucial to get the application form and comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship by visiting the official website (link provided below).
NOTE: The EGLS selection procedure at AU is quite competitive. Those AU EGLS applicants who apply and complete the Common Application, AU EGLS application, and foreign admissions document submission process—which includes a bank letter verifying a minimum of US$4,000 and confirmation of English proficiency—by December 15, 2023, will receive priority consideration.
Note: First-year students wishing to apply for autumn 2023 should note that the application period has ended. Kindly return in mid-September to obtain details on the 2024 EGLS application.
Fill out the AU EGLS online application; it will be accessible starting on September 15, 2023.
Send in the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form together with a bank note attesting to the minimum amount of U.S. $4,000. These can be faxed to +1-202-885-1025 or uploaded through your Future Eagle Portal. Bank letter samples and the template for the AU CFIS form
Please send in your official scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo English, or Cambridge Assessment English Test no later than December 15, 2023.
Kindly request that the testing organization send the official reports of English proficiency scores directly to American University, Undergraduate Admissions, Washington, District of Columbia. Note that students are not permitted to turn in their own work.
The Coalition Application or Common Application must be completed and submitted by January 15, 2024, at the latest, or by December 15, 2023, AU EGLS priority deadline, along with all required supporting documentation as listed in the checklist.
KINDLY TAKE NOTE
Please take note that a bank letter verifying a minimum of US$4,000 (not US$78,296) must be included in the preliminary AU EGLS application packet. By the deadline, incomplete application packets without all supporting documentation will not be reviewed for admission.
If you are applying through one of EducationUSA’s funded programs or if you have previously received a FLEX or YES high school scholarship from the U.S. Department of State, please attach a letter from the adviser at your EducationUSA center attesting to your eligibility. You can ask to have the letter delivered as a PDF to email@example.com
You can still be given consideration for admission to American University in Washington, DC, and be qualified for partial merit scholarships if you are not chosen as one of the finalists. However, in order to proceed with the application procedure, you will have to provide evidence of money in the amount of U.S.$78,296 (first-year expected costs of study).
The semi-finalists and finalists of the AU EGL will need to submit extra essays and/or participate in Zoom interviews. For any inquiries, kindly reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED