- Company: Reputable Financial Institution
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
A reputable financial institution is seeking to hire Recovery Officers for its Ada, Nkawkaw and Accra branches. The ideal candidates should speak the local languages of the area they prefer to work.
The ideal candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Assists the Recovery Manager in the design, implementation and application of sound lending and collection practices as part of the credit and risk management function and processes
- Ensures all credit activities are in compliance with sound business practices, legislation, regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures.
- Conducts regular reviews of lending limits, audit controls, lending caps and other risk management areas to ensure compliance; reviews commercial and retail files on a random basis.
- Assists the Recovery Manager to establish and document credit management policies, processes, and clear guidelines including for pre-loan eligibility requirements, client screening, collateral, product design, loan approval authority level, repayment terms and incentives, and delinquency and default management.
- Ensures that loans adhere to existing policy guidelines, that documentation is adequate to ensure security of collateral, and that ongoing administration and review is adequate to maintain the loan portfolio’s quality and profitability
- Implements, with assistance from the Recovery Manager, effective delinquency measurement and loan loss monitoring policies and procedures including a standard monitoring tool for payments in arrears and portfolio at risk.
- Assists the Manager in ensuring the application of sound lending and collection and risk management principles and ensures compliance through unannounced spot checks and audits.
- Embarks on an exercise to recover accounts that have been written off
- Ensure that appropriate telephone and/or personal contact is made at the earliest possible stage on written off accounts, in accordance with the recoveries time table
- Ensure that payments are correctly allocated to the appropriate accounts
- Check demand letters for a hundred percent accuracy before dispatching same
- Ensures that he/she takes cognizance of duties performed by other team members to enable adequate cover to be provided at all times of holiday/absence
- To assist the Recovery Manager in the management of external agencies (bailiffs, lawyers, debt collectors) in collaboration with the Legal Department
- To undertake Debt Recovery Analysis for the Compliance & Recovery Manager along with process improvement recommendations
- A good bachelors degree from a recognized University
- General knowledge in banking with emphasis on credit/banking operations
- Three (3) years’ experience in credit
- Excellent analytical skills and appreciation of ICT (especially, MS excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- High sense of integrity.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE : ONGOING
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED